Singer Shakira, as previously reported, will appear in a new ad campaign for Reebok Classic that will focus on global harmony. The campaign will begin May 1 and air on MTV, E!, UPN, WB, and Univision.
In the spot, Shakira frolics on a tropical beach, gets in tune with nature, and carves out a peace symbol in the sand.
"Shakira wanted her new Reebok Classic ad to truly speak from her heart," said Micky Pant, Reebok's CMO. "She's inspired by the pursuit of global peace and passionate about the art of freedom of expression."
Blah, blah, blah. Let's just see the spot.
Hearst Magazine's EVP, Michael Clinton gave the keynote speech at Tuesday's New York Magazine Day. He thinks the practice of agencies announcing a one book buy, then letting the rest of the field fight to get on the buy is "cancerous". And, he says the world of television has it's boxers in a bunch about TiVo and that the magazine industry should band together taking advantage of the scare.
"TiVo scares TV people," said Clinton. "In our business you have the simple and powerful fact that the consumer has made a commitment to the product. At the end of the day they have put their hard earned money on the table for the magazine that they want and in all but a few instances that's not true in other media. Our universe is a lot bigger and when you're vying for attention in this world that $3 or $3.50 makes all the difference."
Read into this what you will, or just read this.
Fox continues to perform well winning the 18-49 demo last week and CBS won the week in households. Here's the top ten for the week:
- CSI (CBS), 16.2/24, 17.2 million households.
- ER (NBC), 13.8/22, 14.7 million households.
- Friends (NBC), 13.7/23, 14.6 million households.
- Friends April 24 Special Repeat (NBC), 13.3/21, 14.2 million households.
- CBS Sunday Movie "A Painted House" (CBS), 12.3/19, 13.09 million households.
- Law & Order (NBC), 12.2/20, 12.9 million households.
- American Idol - Tuesday (Fox), 12.1/19, 12.8 million households.
- American Idol - Wednesday (Fox), 11.7/18, 12.4 million households.
- Will & Grace (NBC), 11.7/18, 12.5 million households.
- Will & Grace Clip Show (NBC), 11.1/16, 11.85 million households.