Adrants Billboards: European Mitsubishi Ad Overly Sexist
- adland comments on the sexual overtones of a pan-European ad campaign for the Mitsubishi Colt that has a woman driving the car underwater and being ogled by submarine men.
- This month marks 10th anniversary of the advertising banner. Way back in October of 1994, HotWired sold the first ad banners to AT&T, Sprint, Volvo and others.
- Following an agency performance review this Summer, Intel has placed its $300 million global ad account into review. Incumbents Euro RSCG and MPG will be invited to participate. Decision is expeted by mid-2005.
- Donal Trump is in talks with NBC for a primetime drama series tentatively title The Towers that would be set in New York's Trump Tower.
- Sure to raise a few eyebrows, Showtime is producing a show called The Cell which follows the lives of terrorists as they plot to attack America. Who thinks this stuff up?