Maven Networks Promotes Branded Video With Glowing Research
Maven Networks, Inc., developer of a platform that enables brand marketers to deliver full-screen, DVD-quality interactive video to the desktops of broadband consumers, today released survey results that indicated 71% of consumers would download a branded video channel to their desktop and that 76% would like the channel concept as a means of receiving specific information from companies of interest. OTX Research conducted the study.
Of consumers shown a demonstration of how the Maven-powered channels work, other findings were as follows:
- 69% stated they would like it if a marketer they trusted delivered content through a desktop channel. More than three-quarters of 24-44 year-olds would like to receive information via a channel.
- 68% of respondents believed that the Maven-powered channel experience is unique compared to other available online services. They cited ease of download, informative and interesting nature, and ease-of-use as standout features. In addition, they said that Maven offers a superior technology to currently-available media players.
- 70% of respondents claimed that they would use the service at least once a week, with 25-34 year-olds being the most likely to use it that often.
- When asked to indicate what word or phrase best described the Maven channel approach, the top five responses were: easy to download; informative; interesting; easy to use; and convenient.
- The video may use too much space on their hard drive.
- The content might take too long to download.
- Marketers might use the content as a way to collect personal information about the consumer.
When ABC, NBC, CBS, FOX and every other television entity finally give up the broadcast model and realize people want what they want when they want it, Maven and others who play in this space are certain to do well either on their own or through acquisition.