Following the long standing rule that all Apple ads will be spoofed, a guy named Reece James has created three spoofs of the current Apple campaign that compares the Apple to the PC. They're charmingly entitled Crap, Porn and Sharing. Give them a look over at Adland.
Here's a sneak peek of GM's new "Then and Now" ad scheduled to debut this Thursday on Survivor. The ad compares the good old days to today in an effort to conjure good feelings about GM and how it's been a part of the American fabric for so long. Trouble is, then really was a lot better than now when it comes to GM but, hey, we can't fault them for trying. The spot features Marilyn Monroe, Tiger Woods, Carmen Electra and hip-hoppers Slum Village. View the spot here.
John Brock sent us this video someone made of FedEx planes making their way around thunder clouds as they, and the thunderstorm, head into Memphis. It's hilarious, really, but amazing as well to think that activity is just every day normal life to plane pilots and airport flight control staff. Brock thinks FedEx should turn this into a commercial. We couldn't agree more.
While th rest of the Ford campaign is off doing its idiotic "Bold Moves" thing, this Ford F-150 is getting a Chrome-over courtesy of some special effects by digital studio !mpossible Picture. And, no, that's not a typo. they spell their name with an exclamation point. JWT developed the spot and Oasis Films' Jeff Smith directed. It's not so bad.
While it might be really cool to be some sort of world record holder for solving Rubik's Cube or making amazing quarters shots or creating little Jaws puppet movies, Axe thinks thinks otherwise and wants these guys to go out and get a girlfriend. Of course, Axe is there to help with its body deodorant. There's three spots in this South African campaign which you can view here, here and here.
Another agency throw down is about to take place. Euro RSCG 4D is suing is former CEO Charles Tarzian and has filed suit in the New York Supreme Court. Euro RSCG 4D claims Tarzian tries to steal clients, used confidential information to do so and recruited the agency's employees after he had left. Apparenlty, he also lied to 4D clients to seemingly place a bad taste in their mouths which might give them cause to leave 4D and to go with Tarzian. Someday, we'll all learch to get along and be honest.
Miami Ad School students have created an interesting campaign for the United Nations Mine Action Service that drives home the message by making every parking spot in a lot a handicap spot. Powerful. Confusing if you're trying to park but powerful.
Odd is a good word for these two Skittles commercials. Odd but good. Very good. Very weird but very good. Very good but very weird. You get the point. give the a look here.
- George parker comments on "UberScam consultancy Pile and Co's" In House Agency Forum. It's not pretty.
- AdFreak's got a re-mix of Apple's '1984' commercial featuring the Jill Sobule song II'm Gonna Be A Supermodel. It's really not that good.
- CoolOr features some images from a project called The Antwerp Miniature City one of which features a miniature mobile billboard truck.
- Friskies used real bird food to sell its bird food in this outdoor installation.
- PETA is wrapping live humans who are playing dead in grocery store meat containers to make their "don't eat meat" point.
- MySpace has launched ad-supported IM.
- We have no idea who this is for but, hey, it's weird, it'a about a guy who lost his beefer to aliens and, no doubt, it will be revealed some marketer is behind it.
If you care, the seventh and last Adicolor film is out. This one is called Black.
Here's a whacked little promotional clip for FOX's American Dad that features a guy with a great attitude on life. At the end of the clip, he tells us why he's such a positive guy.