Sometimes you really wonder what's going through the mind of a copywriter when stuff like this transit ad are created. The phrase "Don't be afraid to open your mouth" next to "I'm still a virgin" just seems to conjure up something very different than the breath mint ad it's supposed to be.
After receiving an email from Sinuate Media, a company that represents a project for Twix, Andrew Krucoff, publisher of the ad-free blog Young Manhattanite, decided to sell out. He was contacted by Sinuate Media's Justin Chiang who asked Krucoff to post banners promoting a sweepstakes in return for a bunch of free candy bars and some MLB tickets. Apparently a lover of candy, Krucoff caved at agreed to post the banner. So much for the ad-free blog concept.
- AdFreak says two out of the three Sea-Doo films are pretty good. We'll take thier word for it since, like many bloated sites, it wouldn't load well for us. Then again, that could just be our crappy Internet connection. And if you're wondering what Eric Roberts is doing these days. Here's your answer.
- Jack Morton has published a white paper which finds experiential marketing to be more likely to "increase understanding, lead to action and inspire advocacy."
- Nokia is running a blog-based campaign in Toronto and Vancouver to promote its new 6682 phone. The company has promised to send bloggers the phone for free if they qualify (age, blog size, location, etc.)
- An Iowa construction company which is building the Iowa Speeday is promoting the track by outfitting ten of the company's cement trucks with Iowa Speedway decals.
- Crispin Porter + Bogusky's VW Configurator, which was developed in part by IQ Interactive, took home a Cyber Lions Grand Prix.
- It's in French so we're not sure what it's all about but we do know it's for Coke BlaK. We've also seen the hippy-dippy floral/bubble theme before. Yup, we have and it was for Coke's M5 project.