Dakota Does Marc Jacobs, China Doesn't Do Pigs
- Copyranter saw Dakota Fanning in Vogue ad for Marc Jacobs and marvels at the intriguing coincidence between her recent movie in which she gets raped and the ad in which she, according to Copyranter, looks like she's about to be raped.
- In preparation for its Year of the Pig, China has banned from the country's state-run CCTV all ads that show pigs.
- Even while mocking conversational marketing, Amanda Chapel offers up five reasons why the public relations industry has no place in the space.
- Despite not winning over critics with its Super Bowl ad, GoDaddy reports a 70 percent revenue increase and 37 percent new customer growth on Monday, the day after the Super Bowl as compared to the same Monday last year. Dismissing critics, Bob Parsons said, "This is not about winning an Oscar - it's about growing business." He's right.
- Penn of Penn & Teller is appearing in a Chinese Viagra ad.
- DTACK tape is lifting faces and saggy breasts in a unique campaign for a boring, commodity product.
- The World Association of Newspapers says the newspaper business is doing just fine and reports circulation of newspapers worldwide has increased 1o percent between 2001 and 2005 to 479 million copies.