Warning: include(/inc/detect_ads.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /usr/home/shall62/public_html/2007/06/index.php on line 11
Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening '/inc/detect_ads.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /usr/home/shall62/public_html/2007/06/index.php on line 11
Warning: include(/inc/header.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /usr/home/shall62/public_html/2007/06/index.php on line 12
Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening '/inc/header.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /usr/home/shall62/public_html/2007/06/index.php on line 12
Arnold's Cannes't team has published its video take on the third day of Cannes in which they ask attendees why they travel to Cannes, what they expect to see, what they have seen and what value the festival offers. Lost purses, bicycle short, Arnold tattoos and a lengthy interview with Barbarian Group Founder Benjamin Palmer completes the video.
If the Cannes't team keeps producing quality work like this, we may never have to go to Cannes ourselves to see what it's all about.
We suppose you can fault a clean energy organization turning to the general public for creativity. After all, non-profits don't a have a lot of money. So with that notion, SmartPower held a video competition on YouTube and recently chose its winner, 19 year old dan Shepard who took home the $10,000 prize for this creation. Be nice.
Expedia UK with help from Cake Group celebrated the longest day of the year (in some parts of the world) by hosting Blue Sky Day painting events in Edinburgh, Cornwall, Brighton, Liverpool and London. In London, the event was in partnership with The National Gallery and London's Trafalgar Square and was set up with 200 easels for aspiring artists, with three pieces being selected for the organization's gallery. All of the work can be seen here.
Miraculously, there was actually quite a bit of blue sky in London today.
We're hoping the geniuses behind this Time Warner 1-800-OKcable commercial knew, in advance, they were creating something fully intended to be "wink, wink, nudge, nudge, we know this is horrible but we're doing it anyway." We also hope the Tri-State band Future 86 was paid a whole lot of money for the privilege of never being taken seriously again.
Purportedly, this was created to sell something. What, we have no idea. Created by Traction and called Institute for Practical Underpants, the site goes the route of institutional professor as expert and has goofy little characters which introduce you to various styles of underpants.
After an elaborate tour of the underwear making process, the underwear-faced cartoon dude sums up saying the purpose of underwear is to "cover your ass and make your package look good...kind of like advertising." All of which, yes - this does promote something - points to Traction's website which proudly states it wants to get into your pants. In terms of agency new business effort, we have to admit, we've never seen anything like this before and we actually like it.
Wouldn't it be nice if, when you walked in to Victoria's Secret (as a guy) and hot, lingerie-clad models where there to help you choose the perfect thing and cleavage-revealing bra for the women in your life? Of course, that's never going to happen because some cause group would get all pissy accusing Victoria's Secret of treating women like sex objects. Oh, and the fact shopping would be the last thing a man would be thinking about in a situation like that.
But, it's perfectly OK for (sort of) hot looking men to dress up in red boxers to help women shop for the man in their life as French clothing store Celio does. No double standard here, right? Oh wait, their French. They have an entirely different set of rules when it comes to the perfectly normal attraction each sex has for the other. In fact, rather than hiding, they celebrate it.
We're not quite sure this creative is very good...at all, but the message is an important one: get your lazy ass off the couch, off the Wii and out from behind your Webkinz and MySpace pages and exercise your lard-laden, muffin top-sporting, double chinned body for an hour a day. Of course, they said it a lot nicer than we just did so take a look.
Former JWT Toronto creative Sean Gallagher just won a Cannes Bronze Lion for his work on Wash Your Hands. Some of you may be familiar with the whacked Cannes oddity which requires you to actually buy the award you just won so Sean, who is no longer employed at JWT Toronto, is looking to raise money to buy the Lion. Which, itself is whacked, because we're sure JWT Toronto will be more than kind enough to pick up the tab. If not, well, that's just whacked too. Did we mention this business is whacked?
- Advertising Age reports, "R/GA, New York, today won the Cyber Grand Prix for Nike Plus for best online advertising, and Unilever's "Evolution" by Ogilvy & Mather, Toronto, won the Grand Prix for best viral execution. The third Cyber Grand Prix, for best website, went to "Heidies," Diesel's spoof takeover of its site by two girls who supposedly hold a Diesel exec hostage, done by Aegis Group's Farfar, Stockholm."
- Crispin Porter + Bogusky was named Interactive Agency of the Year at Cannes
- Saatchi & Saatchi New York pulled in the Cannes Press Grand Prix for their Ultra Tide Stain Remover work.
- View all the winners here.
- Indie rock bad The Marvis has remixed one of the Jonas Moore Triumph videos.
- Be sure to check out all the blatherific Cannes video coverage AdWeek is providing this week.
- MediaBuys has has launched Media Campaign Wizard, a tool that manages the purchase of discounted media without commoditizing it auction-style.
- Focus Features is promoting its upcoming film Talk to Me, starring Don Cheadle, with a social network. Focus has partnered with Going.com to its 300,000 members free tickets to special advance preview screenings of the film starting Wednesday, June 27, in New York, Boston, and San Francisco.
- Dubbing Cannes the "International Ad Men Falling Over Each Other to Give Award-Winning Blow Jobs To Each Other" event, Copyranter is proud he's "live blogging from Cannes.
Warning: include(/inc/column_right.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /usr/home/shall62/public_html/2007/06/index.php on line 23909
Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening '/inc/column_right.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /usr/home/shall62/public_html/2007/06/index.php on line 23909
Warning: include(/inc/footer.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /usr/home/shall62/public_html/2007/06/index.php on line 23910
Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening '/inc/footer.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /usr/home/shall62/public_html/2007/06/index.php on line 23910