Widgets Measured, Upfront Begins, eBay Yanks AdWords
- Cynopsis reports ComScore will now begin measuring the reach of widgets, used more and more buy brands as a commercial platform.
- Cynopsis also reports the first major upfront deal has been struck between NBC and Group M. The deal is reported to be between $800 million and $1 billion and was based on live plus three ratings.
- There's a bit of a bitch fight going on between Google and eBaby over Google's courting of unhappy eBay merchants who Google would like to have as Google Checkout customers. In an apparent reaction to that, eBay has pulled all its AdWords advertising
- When NBC's Heroes returns this fall, Nissan will be all over the show like Syler on Hiro with increased product placement and exclusive sponsorship of the season opener.
- Ford Models has hooked up with MySpace for its International Model Search. MySpace will be home to the search for both aspiring models and those who just like to look.
- It seems the iPhone is too big for some over at Apple and they want to make it appear smaller in their ads.