Adrants Reader Offers Industry Dose of Common Sense
An Adrants reader who wishes to remain anonymous for fear the reader's common sense might offend the twisted logic of most in this industry who love to spew meaningless blather in pitches and on their websites wrote:
"My personal POV is that there have to be big clients out there who are so sick of hearing marketing blather and buzzword blah blah blah from agencies that they would welcome a straight approach like this:
'Hi. I'm SomeGuy from ABC Marketing Shop LLC. I'm not here to BS you. Why you might want to talk to us:
1. Me and my team aren't any smarter than anyone else. But, we're good people and easy to work with.
2. We'll take you to Vegas or wherever and buy some nice dinners and good wine, and collectively do some decent work.
3. We won't waste your time and money with our proprietary planning horseshit or that type of thing.
4. With your help (you are the experts in your business after all), we will come up with our best guess as to what will work and go with it, and adjust on the fly.
5. You won't have to worry about budget creep, cost over-runs, unexpected invoices and all that crap. Decent work, nice people, low stress.'"
Is honesty and common sense too much to ask?