Adam Blogs, TV Guide Gowns, AT&T Mobilizes, Old Folk Socialize
- Aquent is hosting a webcast on September 27th entitled "Getting it all Together: Best Practices in Planning for Coordinated Print and Web Initiatives." which will examine how to make print and online work together better.
- The recently formed Association for Downloadable Media (ADM) will hold its first in-person meeting at the Podcasting & New Media Expo in Ontario, CA. The meeting will be held at 7:30 a.m. PDT on Friday, September 28, 2007 in Ballroom A.
- A new eMarketer report examines the value of social media and whether or not the hype meets with the reality.
- Website uptime monitoring company has gotten cute with its homepage turning it into a modified 404 page.
- Some dude named Adam, a creative director, has launched a "very offensive, very true and of course, very funny," as he dubs it, online diary of his working life. Apparently, it's good. Damn, they'll let anyone blog these days.
- Watch for your September 24 issue of TV Guide. Inside, you'll find an ABC-branded, life-sized hospital gown. Huh? Oh, it's to promote Grey's Anatomy.
National Public Radio and WGBH Boston has bought National Public Broadcasting which will now handle sales for all programming on NPR, PBS, PBS.org and local affiliates.
- Online display advertising is up 17.7 percent to $5.52 billion for the first half of 2007 according to TNS Media Intelligence.
- On September 24, AT&T will launch a BBDO-created, mobile-focused campaign.
- It's not just the younglings who are doing the social networking thing.