Barbie Leaded, Ads Humanized, Jenny Switches, Planes Logoed
- Can't we just enjoy a happy Barbie and Ken Christmas without depressing PSAs? Apparently not.
- Writing on Advertising for Peanuts, Jim Morris thinks the best ads are the ones that capture "the quiet power of a genuinely human moment." He might be right.
- Y&R has scooped up the $55 million Jenny Craig Account. Direct response and celebrity management factored heavily in the decision. JWT handled previously.
- Black Friday's online spending was up 22 percent to $531 million. Cyber Monday is expected to surpass $700 million.
- MediaBuyerPlanner reports, "Beginning over the Thanksgiving holiday, a new program from InterAir Media allows advertisers to place their logos on the exteriors of airplanes near the doors. Passengers see the logo as they board."
- Television viewership among the 18-49 demo fell significantly during November sweeps with NBC experiencing a drop in average viewers to 8.3 million viewers per night down from last year's 10.7 million.
- News Corp. may ad another social network to its collection of companies. LinkedIn is rumored to be in talks with the publishing giant.