Craigslist Ads Booked, WOM Hits $1B, Ad Age IDEA Reviewed
- All those fake ads on Craigslist have now made their way into book form with the publication of Johnna Gattinella's book, My Year on Craigslist.
- Advertising for Peanuts lays down the law when it comes to consumer-generated content: not everyone wants to interact with your product.
- Marketers now spend one billion on what, previously was free: ord of mouth marketing.
- A Heroes fanboy created some mock Vespa ads using images of the Claire Bennet and Ando Masahashi characters.
- OfficeMax has joined a growing list of marketers who have boycotted the Michael Savage nationally syndicated radio show because of his anti-Muslin views.
- The annoyingly alluring "Kid Nation" along with "Criminal Minds" and "CSI:NY" have awarded Wednesdays to CBS during November sweeps.
- If you want some truthful, unabashed insight into the Ad Age IDEA conference, George Parker shares his delightfully witty and wry take on the event. Hey, Jonah, why wasn't I invited? George and I together...now that's what you really want!
- Who even knew they had a Dallas office? No matter, Agency.com is closing their outpost there just like practically very other agency that used to be there.
- The Ketel One vodka campaign has now emblazoned the sides of trucks.