Boston Gets Ad School, One Show Calls, Jesus Gets Beer
- Former Arnold Creative Director David Register has announced he will be opening a creative advertising school in Boston in early 2008.
- The 2008 One Show has opened its call for entries. The deadline for entering the 2008 One Show, One Show Interactive, and One Show Design awards is January 31, 2008. The online entry system is now live and accepting submissions.
- An Italian ad for Red Bull in which a fourth wise man shows up with a case of
beer (sorry, we were thinking of Red Stripe) of the stuff for baby Jesus has angered Italian Priests.
- Followinig RJ Reynolds pulling its Camel advertising for 2008, six attorneys general have filed a law suit against the tobacco company for violating the 1998 Master Settlement Agreement which prohibits the use of cartoons, certain brand-name merchandise and related promotions in cigarette advertising.
- Landor Associates has named Russ Meyer Chief Strategy Officer. Hmm. And we thought he made sexploitation films in the seventies featuring gigantically-breasted models.