Wal-Mart Blogs Again, Road Kills, MEC Wins, Getty Awards
- Walmart's doing the blog thing again. Hopefully they'll get it right this time.
- PETA might not like this crazy road kill lady but we do. Except for those nasty teeth of hers.
- Cynopsis Digital reports, "NBC Universal added another platform for its download-to-own content - SanDisk's flash memory aided Fanfare service scheduled to launch in January. Fanfare is yet another PC to TV device that simplifies the transfer of content by allowing video to be downloaded to a USB drive then walked over to the TV."
- OMMA has announced its 2007 Agency of the Year Awards and has crowned Mediaedge:cia's MEC Interaction top honors.
- Getty Images has announced the winners of its 2007 Group101SPots Director Showcase, an emerging director reel competition. Out of eighty entries, the winners are Matt Helfgott, Ken Locsmandi, and rosey from Los Angeles; and, David Weinstock, Jeremy Russell, and Otis from New York.
- We've said it many times before, celebrities to not guarantee a solid ROI. In fact, the use of celebrities can actually harm a brand. Here's another outlook on the issue.
- Bigger isn't always better. Lisbon agency Torke erected the smallest Christmas tree in Europe and it's all here on YouTube.
- Debonair Magazine has a list of "The Most Controversial Ads in Fashion Hostory," all of which we've covered here over the years.