And the Awards Show Pinata Explodes Again!
If after a panoply of awards shows you are still not sure which ads were best, below are the agencies, clients and campaigns that received a Gold or above in Clio's Television/Cinema/Digital, Interactive, Technique and Radio categories.
- BBDO, New York, telecommunications, "Butcher" for AT&T
- BBDO, New York, product/service campaign, "2 Day Rule"/"Butcher"/Vegas" for AT&T
- DDB Amsterdam, Amstelveen, automotive, "Keep It Clean" for Volkswagen Touareg
- Fallon, London, confections/snacks, "Gorilla" for Cadbury's Dairy Milk
- Fallon, London, home entertainment, "Play-Doh" for Sony BRAVIA
- JWT, Barcelona, The Syndicate, Santa Monica and RSA Films, New York, beverages/alcoholic, "The Key to Reserva" for Freixenet
- la comunidad and Martinez, both Buenos Aires, entertainment, "Clarence" for BAFICI Buenos Aires International Independent Film Festival
- Leo Burnett, Kuala Lumpur, public service, "Tan Hong Ming" for Petronas
- Leo Burnett, Chicago, foods, "Construction Worker" for Kellogg's All-Bran
- Nordpol + Hamburg Agenfur für Kommunikation, Hamburg, utilities, "Power of Wind" for Wind Energy - Investments in Wind Energy
- T.A.G. SF and McCann SF, both San Francisco, product/service campaign, "Ammo"/"Enemy Weapon"/"Hunted" for Microsoft Xbox - Halo 3
- T.A.G. SF and McCann SF, both San Francisco, home entertainment, "Diorama" for Microsoft Xbox - Halo 3
- TBWA\Chiat\Day, New York, confections/snacks, "Touch" for Skittles
- Saatchi & Saatchi, New York, toiletries, "Interview" for Tide-to-Go Stainpen
- Universidad Ramon Llull, Barcelona, student, "Snap" for Iberia
- Gold Clio winners in their respective categories:
- Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO, London, cinematography, "Tipping Point" for Diageo - Draught Guinness
- Exit Films, Melbourne, cinematography, "Henri" for Herringbone
- Gorgeous, London, Animation, "Play-Doh" for Sony BRAVIA
- Soundtree Music, Ltd., London, music-original, "Music Pieces" for Sony Walkman
- WIZZ, Clichy, cinematography, "A Journey" for Louis Vuitton
- BBDO New York, New York, and Big Spaceship, New York, consumer-targeted site, "HBO Voyeur" for HBO
- Goodby, Silverstein & Partners, San Francisco, Animation, "Get the Glass Online Game-Site" for California Fluid Milk Processors Advisory Board
- Less Rain, Tokyo, online games, "Red Bull Flugtag Flight Lab" for Red Bull
- Projector, Inc., Tokyo, viral, "UNIQLOCK" for UNIQLO (also a Grand Clio winner)
- 777interactive, Tokyo, innovative use of technology, "Color Tokyo! Live Color Wall Projection" for Sony BRAVIA
- DDB Chicago, Chicago, beverages/alcoholic, "Mr. SUV Super Stretch Limo Maker" for Anheuser Busch
- DDB Canada, Toronto, Toronto, personal items, "Gardening Tips" for Philips Canada
- TBWA\Chiat\Day, New York, product/service campaign, "Broken Heart"/"Lullaby"/"Prison Guard" for Combos (also a Grand Clio winner)
- TBWA\Chiat\Day, New York, confections/snacks, "Prison Guard" for Combos
Advertiser of the Year went to Microsoft for Halo 3, which won 8 Clios total.
"99p" campaign for McDonalds, which aired in 2000 and was created by Leo Burnett, London, joined the Clio Awards Hall of Fame.
Grand Clios went to:
- T.A.G. and McCann SF for Microsoft Xbox Halo 3 in TV/Cinema/Digital
- TBWA\Chiat\Day New York for Combos in Radio
- Projector, Inc., Tokyo, for UNIQLO in Interactive
BBDO New York was named Agency of the Year and BBDO Worldwide named Network of the Year, a triumph for the BBDO name.
Production Company of the Year went to MJZ.