Ogilvy Ravages the Clios, Takes Home 5 Golds
The 49th annual Clios took place in South Beach over the weekend. Content & Contact, Integrated Campaign, Innovative Media, Print and Design were recognized at the Fillmore in Jackie Gleason Theatre on Friday.
Ogilvy & Mather received the highest number of Gold Clios -- ironic, considering its founder was so resentful of award shows: three for Frankfurt and two for New York; followed closely by BBDO Worldwide (four Golds) and DDB Worldwide (also four).
Gold winners and "Best in Show" appear below.
For Content & Contact:
- 180 Amsterdam, Amsterdam, apparel/fashion/footwear, "Impossible is Nothing - Where Sport Meets Art" for adidas International
- BBDO New York, New York, media, "Voyeur" for HBO
- Leo Burnett, Sydney, direct marketing, "Earth Hour" for World Wildlife Fund
- Projector, Inc., Tokyo, apparel/fashion/footwear, "UNIQLOCK" for UNIQLO
- Shalmor Avnon Amichay/Y&R, Tel Aviv, public service, "Missing Soldiers" for The Missing Soldiers
For Innovative Media:
- Colenso BBDO, Auckland, business equipment/services, "Self Destruct" for Deadline Couriers
- Duval Guillaume Brussels, Brussels, public service, "A Blind Call" for Brailleliga
- mortierbrigade, Brussels, public service, "Black Boy Wants Water" for Studio Brussels Music for Life
- School of Visual Arts, New York, student, "Tennis Court" for PlayStation Portable
For Integrated Campaigns:
- BBDO New York, New York, integrated campaigns, "Voyeur Integrated Campaign" for HBO/Voyeur
- Crispin Porter + Bogusky, Miami, integrated campaign, "Whopper Freakout" for Burger King
- Ogilvy & Mather, Toronto, integrated campaign, "'New' Diamond Shreddies" for Shreddies Cereal
- DDB, Johannesburg, household products, "Pants" for Energizer Lithium Batteries
- DDB Amsterdam, Amstelveen, automotive, "Product Recall" for Volkswagen
- DDB Germany, Berlin, product/service campaign, "Golf"/"Gold Variant"/"Touran" for Volkswagen Park Distance Control
- DDB London, London, retail stores, "Menswear" for Harvey Nichols
- JWT, Mumbai, business equipment/services, "Twins" for Reynolds Permanent Marker - GM Pens International Pvt., Ltd.
- Ogilvy & Mather Frankfurt, Frankfurt/Main, entertainment, "Young Drivers-Fleetwood" for Mattel Matchbox
- Ogilvy & Mather Frankfurt, Frankfurt/Main, product/service campaign, "Young Drivers-Fleetwood"/"Young Drivers-Eldorado"/"Young Drivers-Mustang" for Mattel Matchbox
- Saatchi & Saatchi, New York, product/service campaign, "Soy Sauce"/"Mayo"/"Ketchup" for Tide Ultra
- Saatchi & Saatchi, Singapore, apparel/fashion/footwear, "Lounge" for Wonderbra
- Young & Rubicam, Capital Federal, product/service campaign, "Britney"/"Manson"/"Ricky" for MTV
- BBDO New York, New York, apparel/fashion/footwear, "Jellyfish" for Havaianas
- Colenso BBDO, Auckland, business equipment/services, "Self Destruct" for Deadline Couriers (also a Grand Clio winner)
- School of Visual Arts, New York, student campaign, "Six Flags 1"/"Six Flags 2"/"Six Flags 3" for Six Flags
- 180 Amsterdam, Amsterdam, brochures-product/service, for BMW Unstoppable
- Ogilvy, New York, environmental design, for BP- Auto, Fuel, Eco-Messaging
- Ogilvy & Mather Frankfurt, Frankfurt/Main, posters, for Malteser Ambulance Service-Typo Crash
- Meridian Communications Pvt., Ltd., Bangalore, environmental design, for treesforfree.org
- The Chase, Manchester, corporate identity, for Emergency Electrician Stationary
- TUGBOAT, Tokyo, environmental design, for Chubu Electric Power Co., Inc.
"Best in Show" winners:
- Colenso BBDO, Auckland
- Duval Guillaume, Brussels
- Ogilvy & Mather Toronto
- Ogilvy New York
See all winners at the Clio website.
Award whores rejoice: if you didn't get a Pencil or a Clio this season, there are still opportunities to win a Lion or a Coney. But oh, if these hype-ridden gold stars are your raisons d'etre, we pity your clients.