iPhone Kill Switch, Quibblo Quizzes, Jilted Man Toasts for KFC
- iPhone apps have a "kill switch" that empowers Apple to yank any app off your phone whenever it likes. Steve Jobs says they'll never "pull that lever" unless an extreme situation calls for it (like if an app were disseminating a virus) -- but hell, the I'm Rich app wasn't hurting anybody and Apple was quick enough to pull that off the ropes.
- Glad Facebook wasn't around when Shakespeare was. Hamlet might've been much different (but still such a riot!).
- One expat rails against marketing stereotypes about the French, particularly sexy maids and misuse of "Ooh la la."
- Quibblo created an American Mall personality test on MTV's behalf. I'm Madison, which means nothing to me, actually.
- Telephone survey finds most people think Starbucks coffee's too expensive. OMG srsly?
- Need a model with a certain unsettling something? Modeling agency recruits "uglies."