Oats Lost, Fringe Lacks Luster, Cartoons on AdSense
- StopandVote.org launched today. Produced by 10 college interns at Concept Farm, the site urges users to craft political messages for dissemination. See it put the stops on knee-jerk topics like religion (represented by Jesus), sex, abortion, 9/11, McCain and Obama.
- Quaker Oats drops Element 79, following in the footsteps of sibling brands Gatorade, Tostitos, Lays, Tropicana and Propel. Combined losses to Element 79 total $440 million.
- VBS.TV partnered with the Red Bull Riders Cup for a web series called School of Surf. It feels less like reality TV and more like a documentary and looks surprisingly good.
- A certain "somebodyatdraftfcb" insinuated that George Parker suppresses comments he doesn't like, and the latter is righteously pissed. Like, Sam-L-Jackson-in-Pulp-Fiction pissed.
- "Seth MacFarlane's Cavalcade of Cartoon Comedy" is now live on sethcomedy.com. Short episodes, and integrated ads, will be disseminated via AdSense. Watch one of the Burger King-sponsored episodes. It's cool how the ads are animated to match the content.
- Non-profit? Intro to Facebook Activism.
- From an email we got: "Find Elliot Spitzers lost invoices here." Outdated joke. The link goes to KFC's Secret Safe, which swallows secrets but won't let you retrieve them. Way to Go, KFC!