Study Examines Performance and Affiliate Marketing
Examining the performance marketing industry/affiliate marketing, MediaTrust and eConsultancy recent released a study. Here are some of the top line findings:
- One in six affiliates surveyed (17%) is generating at least $600,000 a year in revenue for merchants.
- Paid search or pay-per-click advertising (PPC) is the most significant category for US affiliates (48%), marginally ahead of true content (search engine optimization) on 46%. Just under half of affiliates surveyed say each of these methods is important to them.
- Health, Sport and Fitness is the sector most widely promoted by affiliates, promoted by 41% of survey respondents. The next biggest sectors are Gifts / Gadgets (28%) and Books (27%).
- Affiliates are very positive about the increased use of the mobile Internet. The wider use of cell phones for accessing the Web is seen as an opportunity by 58% of respondents.
- The entrepreneurial spirit of affiliates also means they are also more likely to see the economic crisis as an opportunity than as a threat.
See the full study here.