See? There is life after internet stardom. Its not always an exciting life but it does pay the bills a bit better than making funny videos from your apartment.
Justine Ezarik (where were you during SXSW? Were you even there??) has been doing the online video thing for years. Over time - and hey, we all have to make a living - she's increasingly pimped products in her videos. And, for the most part, the work has been just fine.
Currently, she, along with seven other YouTube Elite, is pimping the Sanyo Dual Camera Xacti. Last Fall, she even stepped off the internet to appear in...OMG...a TV commercial for Mozy backup software.
Some claim Justine is selling out. Well, of course she is. Everyone does and there's really nothing wrong with it. To the high and mighty who decry these moves, the bills have to be paid somehow.
- Yes, it's April Fool's Day and the jokes are out: Becks redesigns its label. The New York Times downsizes. Xbox launches Yodeling game. Tom Brokaw sues Brokaw agency over domain name
- Ariel Waldman spots a possible new Twitter redesign which includes trending topics in the sidebar. It comes and goes and is not yet a permanent change.
- Alisa Leonard-Hansen comments on the Facebook redesign and how she thinks it has more to do with data portability as opposed to "competing" with Twitter.
- Don't like deathbed humor? Don't watch this DDB Auckland-created Stihl Machine commercial airing in New Zealand.
- Check out the Effie Awards winners here.
: include(/imedia/imedia_ad.php) [function.include
]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /usr/home/shall62/public_html/2009/04/01/index.php
on line 138
: include() [function.include
]: Failed opening '/imedia/imedia_ad.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /usr/home/shall62/public_html/2009/04/01/index.php
on line 138