Here's a concept that never gets old: getting sex symbols to strip while deluging transfixed watchers with your brand name.
Following in the footsteps of brands like GoDaddy, which is literally milking Danica Patrick for every last pheromone, Taxslayer.com enlisted former Miss Switzerland Nadine Vinzens to undress while pushing the company's merits. (Think Cleo but slightly less seedy. And we say "slightly" with some reservations.)
This gimmick comes stock with a surprise ending. In a moment of irrational compulsion, we looked down at our junk just to make sure we weren't growing anything ... unexpected.
Work by Sheep Eye Productions, which is soliciting ad work in exchange for 25 grand.
We were dropping someone off at the Charles de Gaulle airport last week when this gigantic image dwarfed us at the check-in line.
Questions of imminent discomfort aside, we were forced to admit that bare ass on a bike seat is probably the best way to plug lotion that lifts.
Seriously, though. Can you think of a better comparison?
- Yes, it's April Fool's Day and the jokes are out: Becks redesigns its label. The New York Times downsizes. Xbox launches Yodeling game. Tom Brokaw sues Brokaw agency over domain name
- Ariel Waldman spots a possible new Twitter redesign which includes trending topics in the sidebar. It comes and goes and is not yet a permanent change.
- Alisa Leonard-Hansen comments on the Facebook redesign and how she thinks it has more to do with data portability as opposed to "competing" with Twitter.
- Don't like deathbed humor? Don't watch this DDB Auckland-created Stihl Machine commercial airing in New Zealand.
- Check out the Effie Awards winners here.
See? There is life after internet stardom. Its not always an exciting life but it does pay the bills a bit better than making funny videos from your apartment.
Justine Ezarik (where were you during SXSW? Were you even there??) has been doing the online video thing for years. Over time - and hey, we all have to make a living - she's increasingly pimped products in her videos. And, for the most part, the work has been just fine.
Currently, she, along with seven other YouTube Elite, is pimping the Sanyo Dual Camera Xacti. Last Fall, she even stepped off the internet to appear in...OMG...a TV commercial for Mozy backup software.
Some claim Justine is selling out. Well, of course she is. Everyone does and there's really nothing wrong with it. To the high and mighty who decry these moves, the bills have to be paid somehow.