OK so dumping thousands of ping pong balls from an airplane for a dorm complex party while in college isn't exactly the same as this but there are some similarities.
Yesterday, 300 pots of Golden Wonder were dropped from the skies over Portsmouth (UK) and one lucky winner, Tuan Anh Nguyen, 24 years old from Southsea in Portsmouth, took home a pot with £1,000 inside.
The stunt celebrated the launch of The Nation's Noodle & The Nation's Pasta, a new line of instant noodle and pasta snacks from Golden Wonder.
Here's a video of the event.
OK, so you can see this one coming from the first frame. It's a beer ad, after all, and one of two things happen in a beer commercial. Guys act stupid and hot women always make an appearance. This one from Tiger Beer has both.
It's no wonder drinking beer is all too often an indicator of idiocy.
Seriously? Seriously? Didn't we leave the obviously fake video thing behind years ago? Apparently, Gillette didn't get the memo and, sadly, is out with a stupid video in which three "NASCAR drivers" play chicken on the race course resulting in a large G on the raceway made out of meticulously placed skid marks.
Show us the actual, un-edited video and we might consider showing even the slightest bit of interest in this tired, lame, ridiculous tactic.
If you don't mind robots swearing at each other while bitching about the creative process you'll love this cheeky-ish video pimping xtranormal Text-to-Movie software. It's a brilliant take on the expectations and misunderstandings more than a few people have regarding what's involved in the proper development of creative
- The Geiko Gecko tries to steal some limelight from Judson Laipply in a remix of his The Evolution of Dance video.
- Feeling creative? Like to make comic strips? Into proper skincare? Then you just might love ExpressYourPOW, a make-your-own comic strip thingy from Kiehl's Acai Damage-Repairing Skincare.
- Feeling hungry? Like to eat healthy? Into turkey? Then you just might love the new Jennie-O-Turkey Store campaign.
- Feeling poor? Like to participate in contests? Into good dental care? The you just might love the 1-800-DENTIST smile makeover contest.
Well this is kind of funny. It's not like any of the jokes are new or anything but, sort of like fart jokes, when Aunt Flo comes to visit every month, there's always a bit of a chuckle. No matter how old and tired the jokes are, they still get a laugh.
And that's what's going on in this new Serena Williams commercial for Tampax. The tennis star squares off against Mother Nature on the court and at a press conference. Not sure who wins but there's a lot of balls involved. Oh wait, that's an entirely different category of joke. Sorry.
In case anyone wondered if Yahoo was still in existence, the company is out with its new campaign, announced last week. Along with online, radio, print, and outdoor, a new commercial, called Anthem debuts today.
According to the commercial, Yahoo will help you consume, share, buzz, destroy, earn, flirt, watch. And you know what? It's all about you. Yes, you.
The spot begins airing online in the U.S. today and on all the major TV networks and top cable channels, including AMC, ESPN, USA, Comedy Central and Bravo. It will air in the UK and India beginning October 5 and in other markets in 2010 including Brazil, Canada, France, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Korea, and Taiwan.
So yea. October 2 is Lee National Denim Day, a fundraiser for breast cancer research. Pimping its participation, DDB Chicago created this cute little video in which a woman is a bit shocked at what she feels and experiences when she puts on a pair of Lee jeans.
In the promo, the woman whisked away on a flying seahorse through the clouds until she falls of the things and lands back in reality. Namely, the dressing room of some random retailer. We're sure all form of fantsay have occurred in dressing rooms around the world but orgasm-causing jeans and seahorse rides is a new one on us.
Billboards. You've heard of them. You've probably created for them or crafted a media plan including them. You've driven by them. You've chuckled at the cheesiness of some of them and appreciated the brilliance of others.
Sadly, no one talks about billboards any longer. But they're still out there and they still work. So why are we talking about the lowly billboard today? Social media, of course. After all, social media is the only thing anyone cares about these days, right?
- Former Mayor Ed Koch tells us why New York's Presbyterian Hospital should be considered a national treasure and funded as such. Munn Rabot created and Pulitzer Prize-winning photographer David Hume Kennerly directed.
- Tired of annoying acronyms and abbreviations brought on by the pop culture of cell phones and instant messaging? So is Jul3ia. Irritated with social networking sites taking over your life? So is Jul3ia. Don't remember the last time you actually saw the sky or went outside? Neither does Jul3ia. (Go easy. It's a friend's daughter.)
- Hilton HHonors is offering members a Live Like a Mad Man Sweepstakes to win a trip to New York to be wined and dined, made over by the show's stylist, as well as receive their very own autographed script by booking the "Mad Men" rate at any Hilton hotel.
- The extended Halo 3 trailer.