In the "Did they really do that" category comes this bit of not so subtle word play from Spirit Airlines. Furthering its middle school boy locker room sense of humor, the airline follows its MILF-themed "Many Islands, Low Fare" witticism with "Many Unbelievably Fantastic Fares"
Yes, we are now muff diving for low air fares. Upon banner clickage, you are told "you are almost there." Yes, boys, you're almost a rug muncher. See? Even we can be rude and crude. And lame. And kinda funny too. Whatev.
Tip to ischafer.
Hahahaha. Nice Tim Tebow spoof. It's probably better than the real ad will be. What else is there to say? Enjoy. And get ready to be unimpressed when you see the real thing during the Super Bowl this Sunday.
Here are some pre Super Bowl social media stats from Collective Intellect:
- Doritos leads CPG advertisers with 51% share of voice, Mars second place with 16%
- Denny's leads restaurant advertisers with 50% share of voice, Papa John's and Taco Bell second with 25% each
- Coca Cola leads beverages advertisers with 58% share of voice, Bud Light second with 22%
- Overall, Super Bowl conversations are mainly positive in nature
- The controversial Focus on the Family commercial causes the most pre Super Bowl buzz this year online
- Four out of the six automakers with an ad airing this year make it into the top 10 for early buzz
- Dodge and Honda have the most polarized posts compared to other commercials receiving early mentions
- Here's two teasers (one, two) for Kia. And there's a collection of postcards on Flickr as well.
- Unless you're a hardcore gamer, you're gonna look at the EA Hell Awaits commercial and go, huh?"
- And here's the "News" commercial from GoDaddy in which Danica Patrick gets the usual probing treatment from an anchor. It'll air in the 4th quarter.
- Here's yet another list: The 15 Most Brilliant Super Bowl Ads. Which is entirely subjective, of course so it really means nothing.
- Supposedly this is the world's largest website. CCCP Amsterdam created.
- Someone thinks snow ball throwing should be part of the Vancouver Winter Olympics.
- More Minnesota Lottery goodness.
- From Cultivator, New Belgium Brewing Co. "Beer Rangers" in scout-like tan-and-olive from will appear in print advertising, online, and in person at bars and retail outlets, starting February, to introduce Ranger IPA, a new India Pale Ale described as "hoppy, citrusy, with pale and dark caramel malts"