Study: Most Social Media Publishers Bless Sponsored Content
In a survey conducted by IZEA 2,800 social media publishers/users were asked about their habits on advertiser engagement, compensation practices and publisher preferences and earnings, resulting in the following key findings:
- 88.3 percent of social media publishers monetize social media in some way.
- 87.4 percent of social media publishers have or would create sponsored content.
- The average social media publisher spends $711 per year on hosting, education, conferences and related social media costs.
- Twitter users earn 298 percent more in SMS for their blog than non-twitter users.
- 35 percent of PR, social media and marketing professionals are not aware of the FTC guidelines on endorsements in social media.
Check out the full report here.