Internet Ad Revenues Climb to Record High

new-iab-logo.gif

The Interactive Advertising Bureau and PwC US have released the IAB Internet Advertising Revenue Report for the first half of 2010. Internet advertising revenues in the U.S. were at $12.1 billion during that period, setting a new half-year record that represents an 11.3 percent increase over the first half of 2009. This is also the highest second-quarter revenue on record, up 13.9 percent over the same period of 2009.

Display-related advertising - which includes banner ads, rich media, digital video and sponsorships - totaled more than $4.4 billion in the first six months of 2010, showing a significant increase of close to 16 percent over the same period in 2009. Digital video grew as well, this year achieving the highest half-year performance ever and up 31 percent over first half 2009. Search advertising remains the largest percentage of overall interactive spend at 47 percent, representing more than $5.7 billion for the first six months of 2010, up 11.6 percent from the same period in 2009.

by Steve Hall    Oct-12-10    
Topic: Research



Fisher Wallace Stimulates Your Cranium

fisher_wallace_cranial_stimulator.jpg

This semi-recent commercial from Fisher Wallace Laboratories which calls attention to the company's medical device which is said to treat depression without the use of drugs. It's unlike any drug commercial you've ever seen. Because, well, it isn't selling a drug and, therefore, isn't burdened with all that disclaimer crap that usually fills up more that half of a DTC commercial.

Of course the name of the product, the Fisher Wallace Cranial Stimulator doesn't exactly instill much confidence the thing will actually work.

more »

by Steve Hall    Oct-12-10    
Topic: Strange



New Zealand Air Introduces New Way to Fly

air_new_zealand_bit.jpg

Digital agency Albion has created a new campaign to tout Air New Zealand's new interiors, seating set up and inflight meals. The campaign carries the tagline, "Forget everything you know about flying."

The campaign includes print but also some interesting page takeover units you can view here, here and here.

We're guessing the new seating and service arrangement isn't going to be cheap.

by Steve Hall    Oct-12-10    
Topic: Campaigns



Conan O'Brien Lets People Check In to His Blimp on Foursquare

conan_blimp.jpg

New York agency Breakfast created a "trackable experience" for Conan O'Brien's blimp. For the blimp's tour of the Eastern seaboard during the month of October, Breakfast made it possible for people to check in on Foursquare when they saw the blimp fly overhead. Doing so would garner the Foursquare user the Conan Blimpspotter Badge. You can track the blimp's location here.

by Steve Hall    Oct-12-10    
Topic: Celebrity, Social



Enjoy what you've read? Subscribe to Adrants Daily and receive the daily contents of this site each day along with free whitepapers.

I'm in a Blender: Blendtec Does Old Spice

will_it_blend_old_spice.jpg

It was only a matter of time before Blendtec's Will it Blend did their own version of Old Spice's I'm on a Horse. So, here it is. And, yes, it blends.

more »

by Steve Hall    Oct-12-10    
Topic: Spoofs



Cleavage Makes Head Explode. Or Something Like That

sexy_lab_coat.jpg

Sometimes commercials are so weird, they need no commentary. They just need to be experienced. Such as this commercial for Labrad which offers up a sexy woman (Ancilla Tilia) in a short, cleavage-bearing lab coat and a guy's head that, well, just watch. Weird

more »

by Steve Hall    Oct-12-10    
Topic: Racy, Strange









Featured FREE Resource: