QR Code Usage on the Rise
In a recent study commissioned by ad agency MGH, 72 percent of smartphone users indicated that they would be likely to recall an ad with a QR code. The agency conducted the study to determine the usage of QR codes - a technology that uses barcode-like images containing information which can be scanned an read by using an application on a smartphone.
Top usage of those who said they've used a QR code was to secure a coupon, deal or discount (53 percent). Other uses of a QR code included:
- Secure a coupon, deal or discount (53%)
- Access additional information (52 percent);
- Enter a sweepstakes (33 percent);
- Sign up to receive more information (26 percent);
- Access video (24 percent).
Full results of the study are available here.