Pivot Conference to Explore 'Social Consumer'
The Pivot Conference which aims to help brand marketers and their agencies bridge the gap between themselves and the "social consumer" has announced its initial speaker line-up for its next conference October 17-18 at the Crowne Plaza Hotel in New York. Hosted by Brian Solis, Pivot will examine brand's and marketer's increased reliance on the social consumer for marketing success.
The 2011 speaker line-up includes industry thinkers and top executives from Fortune 500 brands, innovative agencies who will share insights and trends in effective marketing and business and lowly bloggers like Steve Hall who publishes the industry rag Adrants.
Speakers will include:
- David Armano, SVP of Digital, Edelman
- Frank Eliason, SVP, Citibank
- Scott Monty, Head of Social Media, Ford Motor Company
- Shiv Singh, Head of Digital, PepsiCo Beverages America, PepsiCo
- Charlene Li, Author, Open Leadership and Founder, Altimeter Group
- Pete Blackshaw, Global Head of Digital Marketing & Social Media, Nestle
- Steven Rosenbaum, Author, Curation Nation and CEO, Magnify.net
- Steve Hall, Publisher, AdRants
- Richard Jalichandra, CEO, Technorati Media
- Tom Foremski, Author of Silicon Valley Watcher and creator of EC=MC (Every Company is a Media Company)
- Jesse Thomas, Founder, CEO, JESS3
- R "Ray" Wang, Principal Analyst and CEO, Constellation Research, Inc.
- Hank Wasiak, Co-Founder, The Concept Farm, Former Vice Chairman, McCann Erickson WorldGroup, Adjunct Professor Of Marketing, USC Marshall School of Business
- ArnieGullov-Singh, CEO Ad.ly
Of the conference, Solis said, "This is the age of the social consumer, where consumers do not rely on search to make buying decisions, but instead make information come to them, thus coming to collaborative buying decisions. It is imperative that we understand these new platforms that the social sonsumer is using and find new ways to help our brands market appropriately. If we don't do this now, our brands will fall severely behind, given the speed at which consumers are adopting to new platforms."
Registration for the conference is now open. You can get more information and register for the conference here. The conference will be limited to 500 attendees so if you want to go register early. Early bird pricing of $995 per attendee ends April 30, 2011.