- Behind the Scenes of Angie Harmon's New "Got Milk?" Ad
- Don't blame your lazy neighbor for rising medical care costs. BCBS North Carolina wants to have a big 'ol social media-style conversation about the issue.
- Meet BMW's M Gladiators, part of a new campaign in China for the brand.
- Not to belittle but yet another domestic abuse concept which travels down the "afraid to tell" path. This one riffs on YouTube's "removed by user" screen.
- A humorous look at what the world of Out of Office email advertising could look like.
Well this is novel. Fresh. New. Different. And yet, a riff on an old favorite: the flip book. Dulcidio Caldeira from ParanoidBR sent us recent work the company did for MTV Brazil. It's really quite ingenious.
The one minute commercial tells a story using images drawn on hundreds of balloons which are then popped by a device with a camera mounted on a dolly which travels at a speed fast enough to pop and film 10 balloons each second. Caldeira tells us it took 24 hours to get the multiple shots needed to piece together the story.
If you look closely, you can see the dolly took several different trips down thr track to get the entire story told. Very cool. We like.
That's the question posed in this segment of Carlsberg's Unbore Anything campaign created by Akestam Holst. In this portion of a the campaign, which aims to eliminate boredom in Sweden, a gum-chewing home girl who's stuck in a sewer urges people to set up blind dates for their friends. If the hook up is successful, the person gets a free bottle of Festis.
Turtle Wax would like us to know certain things are more important in life than becoming a best selling author or get a multi-year professional sports deal or become the next dot com millionaire. Yes. According to Turtle Wax, the only thing that really matters in life...is a well waxed car. Oh, and it helps if that car is a classic.
The spot, called Do Yourself Proud, was created by HY Connect.
The always amusing Who is That Hot Ad Girl blog has a collection of Publicis-created commercials for Bavarian Haus Lean Pockets which feature a woman named Briga Heelan who plays Heidi in the campaign.
Among the amusing scenarios which include train braiding and arm wrestling is a commercial about milk pong which nets Heidi a full on messy milk facial. Read into that whatever you choose.
In other "facial" news:
- One Sort of Facial Promotes Another
- Skittles Gives Girl Facial
- Vodaphone Gives Girl Facial For Christmas
- Sephora Gives Girl Facial to Sell Cosmetics
Here's one for the ladies. And this is a good thing. Because 999,999,999 out of a billion commercials with a sexual theme are created for men. Why? For the same reason the porn industry is centered almost entirely around the needs of men. It's just the way it is.
But that doesn't mean a woman doesn't enjoy ogling a hot dude once in a while and that's exactly what this Jillz commercial gives the ladies.
In a goofy, French subtitled French commercial for Schweppes, Uma Thurman, dressed in some kind of futuristic flapper garb, coos seductively from a couch to an interviewer who thinks she wants to have sex with him. Chock this up to yet another one of those Japander-style ads where Hollywood stars go over seas to make extra money.
Thurman is beginning to sound a lot like Kathleen Turner and that's not a good thing.