In the continuing saga of Sheets Brand Energy Strips, New York Knicks player Amar'e Stoudemire poses as a Duane Reade store clerk to see if he can pimp some product sales for a day. It's equally as bad as the initial outing from Lebron James but that doesn't really matter. fans will love the work anyway and that's all that matters, right? After all, no one in advertising actually cares about sales do they?
If you think you can do better, the whole thing is a contest. You can upload your commercial to Facebook, see how many likes it gets and see if you make it to the top six, from which James and a panel of judges will choose the winner.
- Another agency holiday card stop motion chalk board-style.
- KLM, you know, the airline that now lets you socially hookup with a seatmate, is out with Passport, an app which "turns people's journeys into inspiring movies."
- Time Magazine has named Jim Beam's Bold Choices one of its top ten TV commercial of 2011.
- Blammo Worldwide unleashes the truth behind the myth of Santa Claus. And it isn't pretty.
- 9 Really Weird Reasons For Getting Fired
- Modea's Wisdom Tree of Wishful Wonders app ties with Facebook, where you can select the friend for whom you need a gift suggestion. Then, after answering a series of (not-so-serious) questions, the app will serve up a gift suggestion for that friend, which can be shared via Facebook.
- Wow. That wasn't very exciting.
Every year we wait...with baited breath...for the next Go Daddy Super Bowl spot. Oh wait. GoDaddy CEO Bob Parsons might wait with baited breath. We just anticipate yet another over the top, sex sells approach to Super Bowl silliness.
This year, GoDaddy will run two ads during the Super Bowl. One, called The Cloud, will feature Danica Patrick, who appears to be dressed like an Axe Fallen Angel, and the Pussycat Dolls. Now that ought to be some amped up feminine hotness.
Of the commercial, an excited parsons said, "How can we produce a Super Bowl ad that's fun, edgy, slightly inappropriate and also speak to cloud-based products? Like only Go Daddy can ... trust me, it'll be as GoDaddy-esque as ever. Danica will surpass her most revealing Go Daddy moment, from back in 2008 when she gave us the big unzip!"
And we wait with baited breath...