Fifteen Worldwide Social Media Stats For Marketers
This Internet Week coverage is brought to you by ShareThis. The best content is hand picked.
In a presentation given at OMMA Social during Internet Week, comScore Media Evangelist Eli Goodman rattled off a plethora of juicy social media facts and figures. Here are but a few for you to digest.
- 1.2 billion people access social networks on their computers.
- One of every five minutes spent online is on a sial network.
- 1/3 of social network users are located in Asia Pacific.
- Five of the most engaged markets for social networking are in Latin America.
- Facebook has 55% global penetration. It is the third ranked site in the world for traffic.
- One in seven minutes online are spent on Facebook.
- Three in Four al all social media time spent online is on Facebook.
- There are only five markets in the world where Facebook isn't the ledading social network.
- In January 2012, Facebook surpassed Orkut in number of users in Brazil.
- Males over 55 are the fastest growing segment of social media users.
- Women spend more time on social networks but men are catching up.
- Digital Natives (15-24) sa largest decline in email and IM usage.
- One in four display ads are on social sites.
- Five percent of all U.S. display ads are socially enabled.
- Google Plus is the fastest growing social network reaching 25 million users in one month.
This Internet Week coverage has been brought to you by ShareThis. Socializing the web one share at a time.