Dow's Bush Wanders London, Heineken Hires Edelman
- Dow is having a whole lot of fun with its Hopeiary dude, a sort of bush man, who wanders around London representing the planet's Olympic dream; that humans don't kill it with their environmental carelessness.
- 550 cutouts of David Hasselhoff have been stolen from outside Cumberland Farms stores.
- 10-15 JWT staffers in the agency's Atlanta and New York offices have been let go.
- Wieden + Kennedy's Portland Incubator Experiment, an offshoot that helps startups, has selected seven winners: AppThwack, KS12, Lytics.io, Plexus Engine, Stublisher, Vadio and the Portland Women's Software Academy.
- Heineken has hired Edelman to handle its Dos Equis brand and its Heineken corporate account.
- American Olympic swimmer Ryan Lochte swam across the Atlantic for AT&T to get to the London Olympic Games.
- Writing on MediaPost, George Simpson gives plenty of reason why we should all stop pontificating about how Marissa Mayer will perform as CEO of Yahoo!
- Viacom and DirecTV have reached an agreement ending the 10 day blackout.
- Americans trust their local grocery store more than they do Google and Facebook a recent study unsurprisingly finds.