Morning Emissions: Baby Sought, Sears Reviews, Comcast Buys MSNBC
- Gerber has launched its third Gerber Generation Photo Search on its Facebook page. The brand seeks the next Gerber baby and will award $50,000 to the winner.
- Five reasons your digital startup will fail. Hint, avoid failure and make sure you court large advertisers.
- TV trumps movies at Comic-Con this year.
- And why is Randy always the last one standing? Jennifer Lopez and Steven Tyler have exited American Idol.
- The first six months of 2012 saw 133 magazines launch, while just 48 closed, with the largest number of new launches coming in the "regional interest" and "food" categories.
- Sears has thrown its media account into review. Havas, which won the account in 2001, is the incumbent. Budget is pegged at $700 million.
- MSNBC.com becomes NBCNews.com after Comcast buyout.
- Facebook is considering lowering its age limit and allowing children under 13 to join...even though they already do simply by lying about their age.