The Affiliate Ball, organized by the super-awesome Darren Blatt, is back as an official party of Affiliate Summit West in Las Vegas on January 14th, 2012. Entertainment for the night and the location will be announced soon.
Last years event at ASW, held at the Rio's Crown Theater (this year's venue TBD), was an amazing event. With Nelly as the headliner, people rocked and had an amazing time.
Everyone's doing it. No, not that. Facebook marketing! With the social network recently surpassing one billion users, it might be wise to give Facebook a spot in your marketing plan. HubSpot is out with an eBook that will get you and your brand up and running on Facebook in no time. Here's what you'll learn:
- Evaluate successful Facebook pages
- Understand Facebook best practices
- Speak Facebook-ese
- Create custom Welcome Pages
- Create a content calendar
- Understand EdgeRank and the art of engagement
- Create a contest
- Run a targeted ad campaign
- Use Facebook's analytics package 'Insights'
- Start garnering fans and customers who will spend real money as a result of your social marketing magic
Sound good? Download the free eBook now and get Facebooking!
- Gucci has debuted an ad banner with a Pinterest pin button. Viewers can click it and pin one of two images.
- Interesting don't text and drive PSA from Fishman Marketing. iDrove, iPod, iDied.
- Don't stare at the boob.
- JetBlue's Election Protection says Live Free or Fly.
- TomTom does the Robot. Hmm, there are a lot of talented dancers working at TomTom. Khanna\Reidinga created.
- Five funny language school commercials.
- Wieden + Kennedy is out with some more of Southern Comfort's beach walker.
According to Indian lingerie brand Amante, eight out of ten woman wear the wrong bra size with most choosing a cup size that's too small and a band size that's too large. With that bit of knowledge coupled with the insight that, according to Amante, women are embarrassed to look at ads featuring scantily clad women in public, the brand has launched a very ?unsexy" campaign urging women to break up with their bras.
Of the approach, Amante CEO John Chiramel said, "This campaign has been carefully thought through, in not trying to objectify women, but more about dealing with the real issues and educating the consumer, so that they have an enjoyable experience wearing fine lingerie,"
Check out Rob Riggle in Frankenstein gear tearing up the neighborhood in this Chipotle commercial. Best line: "Sup, ladies. Didin't want to get dressed up tonight?"
It's like Chipotle hired Riggle and told him to conjure Allstate's Mayhem for the night.
It's all to promote the chain's $2 burrito it plans to offer those who show up in costume on Halloween from 4PM ro close. There's also a costume contest. Oh and to raise money for the brand's Cultivate Foundation.
While watching this latest work for Kumho Tires, you will wait. And you will wait. And will wait. You will wait for something...anything to happen. But no. Nothing does. All we get is a dad who puts tires on a baby stroller and gets chased by the police. This could have been accomplished in :30 but no. You have to wait a full 2:09 before, well, before nothing happens.
They should have stuck with hot chick frolicking on the beach.
UK-based Cow & Gate, a site for parents of young children, is out with a new commercial that will have you smiling and giggling. In the spot, several toddlers are set loose inside a music studio and allowed to play with the instruments. Of course, after a while, they get the knack of it and begin to play Come on Eileen. OK, so they aren't really playing Come on Eileen but, hey, it's cute none the less.
This isn't just a silly ad for a fake product. No, it's a silly ad for a real product. The product's called This Koozie Sucks and, yes, it's a koozie that sucks. Literally. To just about anything. Check out the ad in which females pretend to be bimbos and guys take showers together. Courtesy of @ideasbychuck