- Ladies. Need to plan the perfect girls weekend? Expedia has the building blocks you need.
- Once again, Doritos is doing the consumer-generated Super Bowl commercial thing. Six finalists have been selected and their work can be viewed here.
- The Savannah College of Art and Design hosts the 2010 SCADDY Awards Friday, January 22, 6pm at the Trustees Theater, 216 E. Broughton St. The SCADDY Awards honor excellence in advertising and the related fields created by SCAD students.
There's over one million iPhone apps now. One million. Or something like that. Perhaps ten percent actually do something. The other ninety? Well, here's an example of what people are wasting their time creating and downloading. The street promotion for this app is actually more fun than the app itself.
Minneapolis agency mono created this pointless timewaster. Oh wait. People are into this unicorn crap. So we guess it's all good.
Oh, there's an app for it alright. Why shouldn't plastic surgery have its own app? Developed by facial plastic surgeon Dr. Steven Denenberg, you can either look at hundreds of before and after shots, or take a pic of yourself and email the good doc for an evaluation over coffee. (Nip/Tuck/Latte?) Download it directly kids.
No, it does, really. (See below.) While not an actual working app, or is it? (*asked in super secret hushed tones*), the NUDE IT makes any scene nudetastic. Except, well, it's hard to tell if the hero in this one is saying OMG! because of the app's amazing see-through ability--or the subject he's looking at. Latter! Either way, lose the fake shock reactions (the shit will sell itself doncha know), and you still have a cool non-cgi viral, replete with tried and true old-school camera trickery that looks more amazing than it is. Or all you SUCKAZ can just check with creator That Bald Guy.
OK so now we know why those silly little Smart cars exist. They're really not good for much and look like they'll blow over in the wind but cupcake maker Little Debbie has a use for them. The brand is launching a new cupcake and, along with a Facebook page, a 125,000 carton cupcake giveaway, a mobile tour, a Twitter feed, a YouTube channel, a Flickr photostream, event marketing, TV spots and blogger bribes..,uh...blogger outreach, will giveaway two Smart cars.
Se the spots here.
- Haven't we seen this Chinchilla crap before?
- Cathay Pacific wants you to "Meet the Team" by using its new iPhone application.
- Subaru is out with a new DDB Canada-created commercial for its Legacy. It points to a site which launches next week and "features 3D audio technology using a new 'hypersonic' recording technique that mimics the hearing experience of a test drive."
- RockYou has teamed with Procter & Gamble's Dawn brand for the "Dawn Saves Wildlife" campaign to encourage consumers to join the movement through Dawn's Everyday Wildlife Champions Facebook fan page.
WITH THE NEW IPHONE APP TO PROMOTE THE MOVIE, ya sick freaks. To promote the upcoming release starring Megan Fox, Tapulous is claiming to be the first iPhone app to run a user-generated contest. (How will I ever sleep now.) Download themes and contest info here.
Getting picked up by smarmy French guys with cheesy pick lines isn't exactly the thing one really wants to deal with on a Monday morning but, hey, like just about everything else these days, there's an app for that. And it's a branded app. Hence, we write about it to fulfill our duty to you loyal readers. Aren't we special?
So Hardee's - excuse us - Le Hardee's is out with Parisian Pick Up Tool, an app for "young hungry guys" which helps them pick up girls, insult their friends and, yes, ask for a discount at Hardee's...all in French.
Users can select their favorite French mouth image, select a message, and then hold the screen over their mouths to deliver it with a swarthy French accent or in perfect French with subtitles. The app also has coupon that can be used in-store.
We have LA's 72andSunday to thank for this Monday morning slap in the face.
- Some insurance companies will do anything to avoid paying a claim,
- I guess if you like Paulie and Dawn, you'll like this video.
- Ten Portland ad agencies are pooling resources and sharing talent to launch the second year of the ground-breaking COLABORATORY internship.
- Into mobile media? Here's and insider's guide to planning and buying mobile media
See that? Blue sky. That's a rarity these days. Just thought we'd point that out as we share with you this promotion for from Toyota for its 3rd generation Prius. Not that anyone is sitting outside much these days given the incessant rain but a free solar-powered WiFi area was set up outside Boston's Prudential center.
From 8AM until 9PM, anyone can sit down, plug their laptop in and enjoy some free WiFi. Sadly, sunny weather is not guaranteed.