Radiohead, the same band that stuck it to the man by letting you download its last album on a pay-as-you-wish basis, will SELL you wee-bitty-bits of its song Nude so you can make your own remix on Garageband. Hrm. Okay.
The Nude stems (bass, voice, guitar, strings/fx and drums) are available on iTunes. You can upload a remix and get widgets to encourage people to vote for yours from your website or profile. Oh, and here's the Facebook app.
By Kids for Kids (BKFK) and DoSomething.org have launched the "Advertise Your Cause Media Challenge." It's geared to kids who feel a burning desire to make a difference. (Collective "awwwww.")
If you live in the US and are under 19, you can participate. Get entries in before 12 noon EST on June 30. Enter here.
The "cleverest, most powerful and most impactful" campaign will be showered with PSA-style media exposure and a $10,000 grand prize. Yeah, that kind of money would make a stoner pro-DARE in a pin-drop.
With its acquisition of DoubleClick finally secure, Google gets down to the more controversial part of not being evil: axing a shit-ton of jobs.
As of today Google started making with the mass lay-offs. The New York Times says it's possible 300 could go, but the GOOG ain't all bad; it's softening the blow by giving a few chumps "transitional" roles, which means you get to transition-the-hell-out after the two big ships become one.
"Get a Happy Face," St. Ives' virgin foray in digital marketing, launched today. Each St. Ives Elements product page includes a cereal surprise: widgets that help improve your life!
These include a weather widget, which tells you what to wear and how much sunblock to smear on; a goal-setting widget; a workout widget; and cavity-sweet extras like Olive You e-cards, encouraging bedtime text messages and a (as in ONE) video of a laughing baby.
Random. But I did like the ghost bib.
The site was put together by EVB/SF and will be promoted via banner ads and in select print pubs. St. Ives is part of the Alberto Culver family, which includes other drug store staples like VO5 and Tresemme.
Anything launched on April Fool's Day is, by default, suspect which is why Brand-mates, a site on which people can share the brand they love with others, just doesn't seem quite right. A site where brand lovers can create relationships with the brands others love? Sounds like an MBA'd account planner got together with some Web 2.0 type to create this thing. Oh wait, that's exactly what happened!
Just what is it about guys and bras? It's like the subject comes up and we're in high school all over again, snapping the bra of the cute girl sitting next to us in social studies. Oh yes, breasts make boys (and men) do very stupid things. Sadly (or maybe not), snapping the back of a girl's bra may be a thing of the past if this backless bra from Maidenform takes off.
Created by ABC American Inventor contestant Elaine Cato, the bra is getting a big creative and media push from VIA Group, which will launch campaign "This Feels Right" with the tag "Out with the old, in with the new." Media will consist of women's magazine's, outdoor and online.
- The Economist takes No.1 in AdweekMedia's Annual Hot List, up from No. 10 last year -- the biggest jump on a list otherwise dominated by women's lifestyle titles.
- 33 percent of iPhone users are cheating on Steve Jobs with other handset makers.
- Advertising affects prescriptions more than science does. Hrm. *Checks medicine cabinet* Yeah.
- The Apple brand makes the biggest impact on global consumers. (Yawn.) Those most in need of brand refurbishing were Microsoft and the United States. Mommy, why does the world hate us?
- More than 90 percent of email is spam. By the way, the term "spam" was coined 15 years and 2 days ago.
- Kids love social networks. O RLY? Thanks for the insight, champs.
- Joffrey's, a coffee hub that launched a "beta" tasting program for bloggers, has released survey results on coffee trends in the blogosphere. More on that.
America's two favourite pastimes, baseball and soap operas, meet at this most unexpected intersection.
"Endless Drama," a campaign where pipe dreams collide and deception runs rampant, is Arnold's saucy way of saying, "Play a little fantasy baseball on ESPN's tab. Because hey, face it, kid. It's not like you have the balls* to pick up a real bat and face the outside world anyway."
- Qualcomm announced the Handsolo today. It's waterproof, battery-free and has unlimited expandable memory. Also, you can wank off with it.
- Gmail Custom Time, which lets users send up to 10 emails to the past per year, debuted today. Wouldn't it be neat to get a drunken rant from Future You?
- Seriously, you should get paid to whore for friends on Facebook. Because come on. Two thousand friends? That's a few dozen impressions at least.
Our favorite purveyor of lingerie, Agent Provocateur, has a new game and a new adventure out so if you're into sexy lingerie, games that are called Peep in Paris and episodic video installments, head over to Agent Provocateur for some afternoon delight.