- Stoltz Marketing Group created some interesting dimensional outdoor boards for Idaho home builder Paramount.
- L.L. Bean is on the hunt for a new ad agency. Modernista, Cramer-Krasselt, GSD&M, Cutwater and McKinney are after the $30 million account.
- StrawberryFrog defines social media and how the agency approaches the "medium."
- George Parker is amused over another DraftFCB fuck up.
- Pantene makes your hair so strong it'll break your brush and curling iron. Is that really a good thing?
- San Francisco's Hub Strategy took home Best of Show and two Best of Divisions along with other awards at last week's Greater San Fransisco ADDY Awards.
- Trendhunter has put together a long list of the top fifty most shocking and controversial ads. Oh the memories:-)
- The Web Marketing Association's 12th Annual WebAwards has opened its Call for Entry which will extend until May 31.
- The future of advertising is clear. Word of Mouth is aided by floating "nano-millo-chip thingies." Sampling is handled by robots. Car dealers will employ robots dressed in monkey suits to sell flying cars. Google will live inside your brain.
The childish wit within agency creative departments never ceases to amaze. Oh wait, this billboard for Playboy is actually funny. Or is it? We can't decide. Though we're pretty sure childish wit, Playboy and its depiction of a singular female body part are perfect bedfellows.
Now you might think this up-skirt soap dispenser promoting some candid camera-style show on FX is kind of witty but, dude, do you really want to be sticking your hand up there after thousands of guys have done so before you? We didn't think so. Kind of like how you wouldn't get with the high school slut either. Oh wait, of course you would because she'd be the one that would actually put out for you. Eesh. There's a Hoff version too. Image courtesy of Adland.
To retain its position as the quilted ass-polisher of choice, Cottonelle has launched a campaign called "Be Kind to Your Behind."
See the TV spot and associated outdoor print.
We've seen hundreds of ads with hot looking women in them. We've seen hundreds of ads which make us scratch our head and exclaim, "WTF!?!?!" We haven't seen many that mash both together but we're pleased to bring you this ad for Nila Sliced Mushrooms courtesy of Flickr user simonclare.
One part pulchritudinous cleavage. One part Fungtastic headline. One part come hither and stick your throbbing member between my huge breasts until you fill this can with your uncontrollable lust look. And you've got the perfect "WTF was that but it sure felt good" ad.
"Mommy, why does the lady on that sign have her bottom sticking up and there's like a string tied around it?"
"Well, honey, it gets hot here in Florida and sometimes your bottom can get sweaty. It's just an advertisement for a place where woman can go cool their bottoms off."
"But mommy, it says 'Gentleman's Club.' Why does it say that if only ladies go there? Have you been there? Is your bottom hot?"
"Oh no, no, no, honey. I haven't been there but I think men go there to help the women cool off. I don't know how they do it. Maybe they have to hold the fans or something. Hey, want to go to McDonald's?"
Escalator handrail advertising in all its obnoxious splendour.
Nothing you - haven't - seen - before.
This time though, all the radical hype is brought to you by AdRail, which uses patented technology by EHC to help get your brand under the grubby fingers and feet of the masses. What -- you're not convinced? Watch video or preview your design on a handrail.
Oh for fuck's sake! So a Governor had sex with a prostitute. Sex. He had sex. He didn't murder anyone, blow up a building or otherwise harm another person (as far as our limited knowledge of the man allows). He had sex. OK, he paid for it but it was still sex. Anyway, he's not Governor any more and has been endlessly shamed for his wrong doing. Rightly so, as many believe. If you don't know who we're talking about yet, you've been on another planet.
So leave it to a marketer to capitalize on the downfall of another by...offering money to place the image of Ashley Dupre/Youmans/DiPietro, the call girl that caused the downfall of the aforementioned Governor Eliot Spitzer, on the backs of buses to promote vodka. Yes, Georgi vodka wants to pay Dupre a low six figure sum to become the vodka brand's "butt girl."
Tabasco's Chipotle Sauce, Weber Grill Creations seasonings, Royal Oak charcoal and Chinet tableware have joined forces with the Kansas City Barbeque Society to launch the first-ever Great American BBQ Tour.
The sample- and recipe-packed bus will start its slow journey in Rio Rancho, New Mexico during the Pork 'n' Brew BBQ Cookoff from March 28-29. It'll visit 25 cities before coming to a stop at the Jack Daniels World Championship Invitational in Lynchburg, TN (October 24-25).
See tour info and schedule.
We are hungry for rib of animal drowning in spicy sauce. And maybe apple pie with Kraft Singles on top.