Warning: include(/inc/detect_ads.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /usr/home/shall62/public_html/sideline/2005/01/boston-globe-parent-to-pay-165m-for.php on line 11

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening '/inc/detect_ads.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /usr/home/shall62/public_html/sideline/2005/01/boston-globe-parent-to-pay-165m-for.php on line 11

Warning: include(/inc/header.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /usr/home/shall62/public_html/sideline/2005/01/boston-globe-parent-to-pay-165m-for.php on line 12

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening '/inc/header.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /usr/home/shall62/public_html/sideline/2005/01/boston-globe-parent-to-pay-165m-for.php on line 12

Sideline News

Boston Globe parent to pay $16.5M for stake in Boston Metro »

New York Times Co., which publishes The Boston Globe and Worcester Telegram & Gazette, agreed to buy a 49 percent stake in Metro International SA's free newspaper in Boston for $16.5 million. The move was made to help lure more advertisers. London-based Metro, which publishes free newspapers in more than 100 cities from Stockholm to Santiago, will own the remaining 51 percent and continue to manage Metro Boston, the company said in a statement Tuesday.

4-Jan-05 » Read more »

Warning: include(/inc/dynamic/recent_adrants.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /usr/home/shall62/public_html/sideline/2005/01/boston-globe-parent-to-pay-165m-for.php on line 50

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening '/inc/dynamic/recent_adrants.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /usr/home/shall62/public_html/sideline/2005/01/boston-globe-parent-to-pay-165m-for.php on line 50

Warning: include(/inc/subscribe_form.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /usr/home/shall62/public_html/sideline/2005/01/boston-globe-parent-to-pay-165m-for.php on line 54

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening '/inc/subscribe_form.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /usr/home/shall62/public_html/sideline/2005/01/boston-globe-parent-to-pay-165m-for.php on line 54

Warning: include(/inc/column_right.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /usr/home/shall62/public_html/sideline/2005/01/boston-globe-parent-to-pay-165m-for.php on line 59

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening '/inc/column_right.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /usr/home/shall62/public_html/sideline/2005/01/boston-globe-parent-to-pay-165m-for.php on line 59

Warning: include(/inc/footer.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /usr/home/shall62/public_html/sideline/2005/01/boston-globe-parent-to-pay-165m-for.php on line 60

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening '/inc/footer.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /usr/home/shall62/public_html/sideline/2005/01/boston-globe-parent-to-pay-165m-for.php on line 60