Yodle client testimonials
Online business to business directory yellow pages united
Buy embossers from All Pro Stamps
It's really no surprise this latest Kia Soul Hamster ad from David & Goliath is getting a bad rap. After all, sequels rarely live up to the original. The first two outings in this campaign where original and amusing. Looking back at the first spot in this campaign, you can sense the originality in the concept.
Upon viewing the second spot, you can sense the progression of the campaign and the central characters from early onset hipsters to full blown hip hop stars of the hood. Sadly, the third outing has reduced the hip hop hamsters to caricatures of themselves. They've become the comic relief in a video game.
- Dildos and sausages. Only in advertising.
- L.L. Bean has hired Weber Shandwick to create a campaign for its upcoming 100th anniversary celebration.
- Here's Andy, Arby's new commercial boy.
- Sam Pepper thinks he has the answer to the challenge of ending riots in the UK.
- What to look for in an app according to L'Oreal's Men Expert.
- AOL is out with an iPad magazine.
- Be careful when you pick up your next bowling ball. It might stare back at you with the menacing eyes of a decapitated head.
- If you find your friend drunk at a party, be sure to split her in half. Or something like that.
- Newcastle Brown Ale has found a use for bottle caps. It's constructed a 256 square foot shadow sculpture out of 3,000 bottle caps.
- And speaking of Newcastle, here's that installation in San Diego everyone's talking about.
- Foster's Beer does the James Bond Goldfinger thing with Holly Valance. last year, Sky+HD did the same thing with Kelly Osbourne.
- The Monkeys are no longer Drunk. They're just regular Monkeys now. Australian Agency Three Drunk Monkeys will be now known simply as The Monkeys.
- Ten memorable ads that defined a generation.
- Facebook never liked breast feeding. Now they don't even like the word "breast."
- This is what Calvin Klein thinks is customers do all day long.
- American Express has launched Friends of Japan, a program that is "designed to reignite attention and support for earthquake relief efforts."
Admitting it isn't at the top of the list when it comes to digital agencies, EURO RSCG Brussels set out to change that by becoming the most visible virtual agency. How? It set out to check in on Foursquare at 42 of its rivals until it became mayor. When it did, it posted the mayorship on Facebook along with a message encouraging area creatives to join the agency to help make it better. Sadly, no word on whether or not the effort actually paid off.
- Drew Barrymore will front a new campaign for Nieman Marcus.
- David Hasselhoff is making jokes with the Air New Zealand puppet.
- Campbell Mithun wants you to know they've employed the apparently never before used "flicker" effect in a new commercial for Famous Footwear.
- Vogue will top the fashion category this September with 584 ad pages.
We like this Kia ad. The Cannes press Lions jury liked this ad. They liked it so much they awarded it a Silver Lion. The ad pimps Kia's dual zone air conditioning with alternating cartoon images of a clean cut classroom scenario and a classroom scenario that is decidedly less clean cut.
It got the point across if in a very twisted manner. You can have it your way riding in a Kia. Just like a horny teacher whose mind wanders in the classroom. Twisted but it gets the point across. The problem is the ad never ran. And that's a no-no when it comes ti winning a Lion. Or any award for that matter. Kia disavows the ad and has said it never ran and was never approved.
Last summer during Affiliate Summit in New York during a session given by Jeremy Shoemaker we learned Facebook ads that feature boobs and cleavage improve response rates by 61 percent. While we weren't at all surprised at that finding, we are very surprised at this latest Facebook ad response finding from Red Square Agency.
The agency ran several ads on Facebook touting the usual stuff agencies do. Then, as an experiment, they ran an ad that featured a cat named Cous Cous. The ad read, "This ad features a cat. It has nothing to do with Red Square Agency, but we hope you'll click on it anyway." People did. 78 percent more than they did the "regular"ads.
So Zappos is out with a new campaign that features nude women going about their day as if doing so completely nude were completely normal. QR codes in the ads lead to a site on which you can clothe these beauties. All well and good. Though we're not sure why anyone would want to put clothes on a hot nude woman if they didn't have to. But that's besides the point.
One Adrants reader thinks the Mullen-created ad campaign is a bit too close in likeness to work from artist Erica Simone. You can take a look at that work here (naked breasts so NSFW) and the Zappos ad here.
A similar comparison is being made between an Erica Simone image of a naked woman riding a motorcycle (semi-SFW) and a Zappos ad featuring a woman on a Vespa.
This sort of thing happens quite often and, in most cases, is pure coincidence. We've reached out to Mullen for comment and they have assured us any similarities are, in fact, purely coincidental.
Taking home the Film Grand Prix at this year's Cannes Lions Festival of Creativity is Wieden + Kennedy for Nike Write the Future. The work portrays the dramatic changes the world undergoes as a result of sporting wins and loses and parlays that into Nike place is helping athletes write their own future.
The three minute film directed by Hollywood director and producer Alejandro G. Iarritu (21 Grams, Babel), features Cristiano Ronaldo, Didier Drogba, Wayne Rooney, Fabio Cannavaro, Franck Ribery, Andres Iniesta, Cesc Fabregas, Theo Walcott, Patrice Evra, Gerard Pique, Ronaldinho, Landon Donovan, Tim Howard and Thiago Silva as well as cameos by tennis legend Roger Federer, basketball's Kobe Bryant and Homer Simpson. The work recently won a Black Cube in Advertising at the Art Director's Club 90th Annual Award Gala.
W+K also won a Gold Lion for Heineken Entrance and Chrysler Born of Fire (which we loved).
Droga5 won a Film Gold Lion for Puma After Hours Athlete. Deutsch won for Volkswagen Force, BBH won for Google Chrome Speed Tests, Johannes Leonardo won for Google Demo Slam: Chubby Bunny, Realtime Karaoke, Extra Spicy, 66 and Rushmore The full list of Film Lions winners is here.