- And just for some holiday diversion, some guy recut the Mary Poppins Trailer into what he calls Scary Mary.
- Celebhead, a new series from VH1 Mobile created and directed by former Deutsch creatives Cheryl Van Ooyen and David Rosen, debuts online and on cell phones today. The first episode, of course, features "Paris Hilton."
- On December 5, Save the Children launched an outpost in Second Life called Yak Shack where residents can buy a virtual yak and donate to the charity.
Visa has launched Fan With A Plan, a community site where sports fans can make travel plans to their favorite large sporting events such as the Olympics and the World Cup.
- Sunday, January 7, VH1 is debuting The Surreal Life Fame Games, a collection of the show's audience favorites from the show's past six seasons.
- The AARP magazine has increased it readership seven percent to 29.9 million adults according the Fall 2006 MRI report.
Now's your chance to but all kinds of celebu-shit from Tori Spelling and her husband, Dean McDemott. In non-news today, the pair are having a yard sale this weekend and were spotted placing flyers around their Studio City neighborhood. Some thinks it's a publicity stunt/joke but there's website promoting the event as well. Whatev.
During a press conference held today at Victory Lane in Arizona with GoDaddy CEO Bob Parsons and Andretti Green Racing's Danica Patrick who has signed a deal with GoDaddy to be a "GoDaddy Girl," Parsons could not guarantee Patrick's appearance in either of the two Super Bowl 2007 spots for which the company has contracted. It's unclear whether or not the spots will feature long time GoDaddy Girl Candice Michelle either but Parsons, ever the cagey one, did clarify both will be in several spots for the company in the near future. When asked when we might see a version of the completed Super Bowl spot, Parsons replied, "Game day, unless it's banned." Then we'll be able to see it online prior to the game.
In early October we wrote an open letter to GoDaddy CEO Bob Parsons suggesting he "retire breasts that don't bounce" meaning it's time for plastic-breasted Candice Michelle to go. Of the long-running campaign, we wrote, "It was mildly funny when she rubbed her boobs against the window while on that window washing scaffolding. But it's hardly funny at all to watch her run through sprinklers across a golf course while an old dude gawks 'Oh, the GoDaddy Girl!'"
While it's not clear whether Michelle is gone for good, a deal, in the works for a long time, with Andretti Green Racing IndyCar racing star Danica Patrick will become official tomorrow when Patrick is officially introduced as the new GoDaddy spokesperson at Victory Lane in Avondale Arizona. As part of the deal, GoDaddy is a sponsor of Andretti Green Racing.
During the event tomorrow, Parsons will interview the sleeker, highly-unlikely-to-bust-a-shirt-strap Patrick and it's expected he'll make his Super Bowl advertising plans known. With Patrick in the GoDaddy house, breasts will, apparently, take a back seat for a while.
Sucks when you launch big holiday promotion and your site tanks. That seems to be what's going on right now with Micrsoft's MSN Holiday Challenge, a celebity-filled contest in which people can watch videos to get clues to win $50K, $20K, $10K prizes and a grand prize of $100K. Al Roker, Kristin Cavallari, Jerry Rice and Perez Hilton (fame whore:-) ) will be on hand to deliver the clues. That is once the site actually works.
- Cynopsis reports, "ABC has slid The Nine into hiatus status. The Wednesday night 10p time period this week will be home to a special edition of 20/20. Elsewhere, in another schedule change, NBC will replace Friday Night Lights on Tuesdays at 8p beginning December 26 with a third weekly installment of Dateline NBC. NBC has ordered up a full season of Friday Night Lights, but at this point has not announced its new time period."
- Swarovski Crystal is taking advantage of Rockefeller Center Christmas treee anticipation with a giant scaffold wrap.
- Apparently those Times Square Charmin toilets were a hit with people waiting up to 45 minutes to offer their leave behinds.
- Kate Moss may pull out of her Agent Provocateur marketing deal because she's miffed company owner Serena Rees is dating Clash bassist Paul Simonon, former husband to Moss' best friend Tricia.
Blah blah, blah Lindsay Lohan blah, blah, blah Miu Miu blah blah blah Prada blah, blah, blah new ad campaign blah, blah, blah celebrity spokes-ho blah blah blah, recent GQ spread blah, blah, blah former Louis Vuitton spokesmodel blah, blah, blah gossip queen blah, blah, blah panty-challenged blah, blah, blah 2007 campaign launch blah, blah, blah...
Way back in the heady days of 1998 dot com mania, an account director friend who, as much as we did, loved to sling around pompously pointless marketing blather and marvel at the ability of other to, as well, say so much while saying so little thought we'd write a book gathering together all the inanity. We never did but "seven words you can't say on TV" comedian George Carlin created a 3:42 bit on the same topic. For 3:42, he hilariously strings together the pointless blather that not only marketers but all people fling out of their mouths without fully considering how stupid it sounds.
Take note. More than half of what comes out of your mouth in that client presentation is mindless, pointless, idiotic sounding, space-filling blather. Don't you want meetings to be shorter? Aren't you sick of fake words that mean nothing? Wouldn't you rather be actually creating something rather than killing it with the boatload of words you throw at it before you ever show it to the client? Of course you would. So stop talking like an idiot.
Yes, we are the first to bring you behind the scenes "stealth video" footage of Tiger Woods in a shoot for the soon to be released 2008 Buick Enclave. Our "insiders" leaked this very secretive video exclusively to Adrants only moments ago so you too could share in the glory of a spontaneous fart joke! It doesn't matter who took the Senate this week. Tiger Woods made a fart joke, "someone" videoed it and "someone" sent it to us hoping it might get some Lonelygirl15-like YouTube action.
We're not really sure what's happening here but from what we gather a company called WESC sells leather jackets you can wear while on a horse and raising hell in the city at night. Oh wait. That's a sport? That's horseshit. - Contributed by Angela Natividad