Continuing what appears to be a current fixation with celebrity, Apple is out with two new Siri commercials featuring John Malkovich created by TBWAMedia Arts Lab. In one, he asks the usual questions such as the weather, what his evening looks like, where he can get linquicia and for Siri to tell him a joke. In another, Malkovich seeks the meaning of life. Siri has a boatload of advice including "don't get fat."
Malkovich follows previous star-studded work with Samuel L. Jackson and Zooey Deschanel.
Some have debated the "upscaling" of this campaign. We just find it amusing. Seeing celebrities asking Siri things they, in real life, probably just ask their assistants.
So the whole choose who who sit next to on a plane thing has been around for a while. In fact, Peter Shankman (of HARO fame) invented it with AirTroductions back in 2005. Currently, KLM is touting their own version, Meet & Seat, with three videos that feature Dutch celebrities Yfke Sturm, Armin Van Buuren and Ruud Gullit.
In the videos, each of the celebrities swipe their mobile device which causes the seat next to them to spin up like a slot machine. Hilarity, of course, ensues as oddity after oddity flip by until the perfect match is found.
As part of the campaign, travelers can with a trip sitting next to one of six Dutch icons. Who would you choose? For us? Tough choice. Having been a DJ, sharing stories with Armin Van Buuren would be amazing. Having been (and always and forever to be) a fan of hot women, Yfke Sturm would be a solid choice as well.
Always impressive. Always interesting. But we always question just how "real" these videos featuring sports figure doing amazing things really are. The latest comes to us from Cheil USA and features David Beckham playing Beethoven's Ode to Joy by kicking balls at a vertical drum set.
Because this is an ad for the Samsung Galaxy Note, Beckham plans his routine on the phone and then uses it to send his completed feat into the social ether for all to enjoy.
It seems not a day goes by the Kardashian trio isn't in the news for one thing or another. Lately, though, they've been in advertising news quite a bit with their Sears Kardashin Kollection action. And, really, what's not to love? Khloe has deliciously curvaceous hips. Kim has gigantic, mouthwatering breasts. And Kourtney is just mezmerizingly hot beyond belief. It's enough to make a guy want to...oops...sorry...this is a business site. We keep things in our pants around here.
Anyway, the Kardashian sisters can be seen bursting out of their lingerie in a new ad for their Kollection. Enjoy.
Desperate Housewives star Eva Longoria will appear in a Sheba cat food commercial. In this behind the scenes look, Longoria talks about the plot of the commercial as well as the joys of working with her co-star, a cat.
Sports Illustrated model Marissa Miller has been tapped by Buick to lend a bit of sexiness to its Enclave. This behind the scenes look at the creation of the commercial gives us a glance at what Buick is going for. It's all about the distracting qualities of beauty. Although, if the commercial is to be taken literally, the Enclave is destined to cause disaster wherever it is seen.
What we love most about this behind the scenes look is the ceaseless verbal analogies the ad's creators spew likening the hotness of Miller to the hotness of the car. Of course their comments are politely couched and devoid of any tongue wagging that might normally coincide with the description of a supermodel.
- Paddy Power protects the English mens soccer team from feminine distraction by outfitting Polish and Ukrainian women with "goal line technology" for their vaginas.
- The top 100 digital marketing-related boards on Pinterest.
- Dior meets Depeche Mode. 11,649,743 views since May 3. Impressive.
- B-Reel created the game Battle For Everything for Coke Zero as part of its sponsorship of the movie Battleship.
- Marks & Spencer signs Rosie Huntington-Whitley...and undresses her just as Burberry did last year.
- The Swedish Armed Forces looked for recruits...by locking a guy in a box. Interesting story.
Clad in thigh high stockings, lacy black lingerie and a form fitting white shirt, Megan Fox seductively peers out at us in a convincingly inviting manner that leads one to believe she'd have no problem at all if we crawled across the bed and slid our fingertips up her exposed thigh while leaning in to...oh wait...sorry....this is an advertising article. Sorry, thought I was filing my Playboy piece for a second there.
Anyway, back to the ad. Yes, this is an ad. For Sharper Image. We're not sure it's going to convince anyone to actually shop Sharper Image. More likely, it's going to cause quite a few guys...and girls...to close their eyes and fantasize what it would be like to lay in that bed with Megan and...oh wait...still an advertising article. Must. Stop. Now.
- Cindy Crawford is in a new JCPenney ad campaign with her mother and her daughter.
- Pepsi is bringing Michael Jackson back from the dead and using him in a new upcoming ad campaign.
- The story behind the Red Tomato Pizza VIP Fridge Magnet. Remember? You push a button to order your pizza.
- Here's that video from CHI&Partners for Every Mother Counts that urges all mothers to become silent on Mothers Day in some sort of protest to get mothers recognized. Guys around the world are cheering right now. An entire day without their woman nagging them.
- A new campaign for Accountemps.
- Here's some parodies (one, two) of the Clorox Bleachable Moments campaign.
- Here's some inspirational work for the Candian Paralympic Committee
Would you like to take a supermodel to work? Are you sure? Are you really sure? You might change your mind after watching this Scullcandy video featuring Kevin Durant, James Harden and "everywhere girl" Kate Upton. As hot as she may be, she's apparently, one of the most annoying people you could ever have alongside you at work.