Only John Stamos could get away with something so lame as to show up at a party with yogurt as a gift. Up against champagne and chocolate, offering up yogurt as a party gift can only mean you're some sandal-wearing health nut or Michael Weston from Burn Notice which, upon further reflection kinda makes yogurt hot. So we guess the whole yogurt-as-party-gift isn't half bad.
Danon is touting its Oikos (yea, it's Greek but who names this stuff?) yogurt which, it claims, beat Chobani 2 to 1 in a taste test. Wanna be a hit at the next party you attend? If you're an ad savant then we know you'll show up at the next party with a crate of Oikos in hand. After all, it worked for John Stamos.
- Foster's Beer does the James Bond Goldfinger thing with Holly Valance. last year, Sky+HD did the same thing with Kelly Osbourne.
- The Monkeys are no longer Drunk. They're just regular Monkeys now. Australian Agency Three Drunk Monkeys will be now known simply as The Monkeys.
- Ten memorable ads that defined a generation.
- Facebook never liked breast feeding. Now they don't even like the word "breast."
- This is what Calvin Klein thinks is customers do all day long.
- American Express has launched Friends of Japan, a program that is "designed to reignite attention and support for earthquake relief efforts."
If you've ever tweeted, Facebook'd, Google+'d or conducted any other form of social communication while sitting on the toilet, you're the target audience for this new campaign from Give A Shit.
In a two minute video, Twilight actress Nikki Reed urges us all to...give a shit. The campaign, which is backed by MTV, aims to encourage people to...just care. Care about the various problems facing the world. Reed, with inspiration from the Dahli Lama, argues that the simple act of just caring can lead to actions being taken to cure the world of its ills. If only. But, hey, it's valiant effort that taps into everyone "God-given moment of solitude and contemplation."
Join the movement. With a movement of your own.
For some reason this Air New Zealand Skycouch with Rico installment with Lindsay Lohan isn't as grating as the previous one with David Hasselhoff. Maybe it's Rico's pondering of Lindsay's friendship with "the bosoms of Miss Kim Kardashian" or Lohan's member ship in the "photography club" with the "papsmearazzi."or the jab at the end poking fun at her love for jewelry.
Or maybe is just that Lindsay is a whole lot better (and hotter) looking than David.
Last month, Ashton Kutcher and Brazilian model Alessandra ambrosia were seen in Brazil shooting a campaign for fashion brand Colcci. These images over at Radar Online are the result of that shoot. The pair are now the face of the brand, replacing Gisele Bundchen.
With an intensely clubby feel and what appears to be a bit of exhibitionist sex, CK One is introducing a new fragrance, Shock. The video features gap-toothed hottie Lara Stone and a collection of shirtless guys with ripped abs on a dance floor clawing at each other like animals in heat. Stone engulfs a man's head with her bulging breasts as the music pulses and the epileptic quick cuts intensify the mood.
It's all a bit like an earlier Calvin Klein Jeans X commercial in which Stone appeared to be having sex with several guys on a hardtop playground.
You may recall back in March Stone appeared on a CK One billboard which some thought dropped the F-bomb with the strategic placement of a table leg. More recently, Stone appeared in a more typical ad for Calvin Klein's Naked Glamor lingerie.
Germany's Blush Lingerie is having some fun with the Murdochs in a new print campaign. A new campaign, created to mirror News of the World, mocks the News International phone hacking scandal with headlines such as, "Rupert: Why listen if you can watch?" and "Hello James, look at our little secrets."
- Drew Barrymore will front a new campaign for Nieman Marcus.
- David Hasselhoff is making jokes with the Air New Zealand puppet.
- Campbell Mithun wants you to know they've employed the apparently never before used "flicker" effect in a new commercial for Famous Footwear.
- Vogue will top the fashion category this September with 584 ad pages.
Pamela Anderson of Playboy, Baywatch and other various forms of fame has launched a line of lingerie in her name, Pamela Couture Collection through Secrets in Lace. Of selection of Anderson, a Secrets in Lace spokesperson said, "This collaboration is the perfect match, as Pamela Anderson exudes sex appeal, and her stocking line is no exception. She knows how to play up her assets; this line exemplifies just that."
So there's your answer to "What is Pamela Anderson up to these days?"
- Kim Kardashian is suing Old Navy because she thinks the brand's use of Melissa Molinaro, who looks a bit like Kardashian, in a commercial has caused her losses of between $15 and $20 million.
- Gwyneth Paltrow is fronting a new 70th anniversary campaign for Coach. Shot by Peter Lindburgh, Paltrow qill appear in several print ads.
- Looks like Isaiah Mustafa may have been aside for the time being. Fabio has stepped in as spokesman for Old Spice.