Hmm. We are told the new face of fashion brand ghd Katy Perry is supposed to be some sort of 1920's flapper version of Snow White. We don't see it. All we see is Perry all dolled up...like a 1920's flapper who looks like...a 1920's flapper. Are we missing something? Is there a dwarf somewhere in the ad we can't see?
Oh wait. We get it. We see the birds and the apple. Oh and the looking glass. Oh well. It's still a bit of a stretch for us. After all, would Snow White ever be caught dead revealing this much skin? Oh and nice touch highlighting the "Hot" in "Hotel."
Can someone help us out here? We swear we've seen this F Word Famine video before. Or something very similar to it. Actually, wait a minute. Every video that rallys together a collection of celebrities for a cause looks the same. They appear on camera briefly in quick cut succession with a posse of other celebrities. It's the same every time.
Oh wait. It's because One did a similar thing a few years ago.
Anyway. If you think about it, this is the way is has to be. After all, what celebrity would refuse to appear in just about any cause-related commercial such as this world hunger effort? Think "We Are the World." It's almost as if the celebrities who don't appear...appear, in a way, not to give a shit about the cause. So, the more the merrier. And the more celebrities who appear to give a shit even if they don't.
- Yawn. Gisele Bundchen's campaign for Brazilian fashion label Hope has been labeled sexist and pulled from TV. Seriously? In Brazil? The land of booty?
- The 2011 Silicon Valley Film Festival & Awards has announced its 2011 lineup featuring nearly 100 film makers who "celebrate the spirit of Silicon Valley."
- The Swedish Post (post office) has launched a competition to see if Swedes can carry packages as safely as the post office...using an iPhone app.
-Yawn. Hot reporter gives "blowjob" to local politician. It's for Lynx, of course.
- Yo! Send in your Toe Tappy video so you can be featured in the next Coke Zero campaign. What a joke. Easiest dance step ever.
Lindsay Lohan has been out of the advertising spotlight for quite some time. It's not a secret why. She's been busy with legal and personal matters. Previously spotted in campaigns for Dooney and Bourke, Chanel, Visa, Proactiv, Got Milk and, more recently, Air New Zealand and Marc Ecko, Lohan can now be seen in a new campaign for German fashion label Phillip Plein.
The campaign was shot in Bellagio, Italy. Of Lohan's participation in the campaign, Plein said, "Lindsay is a beautiful, highly acclaimed actress and model. We will be able to create unique images. Refined and luxurious, but also full of sensuality."
In perhaps one of the most moving scenes of AMC's Mad Men, Don Draper pitches an ad campaign to Kodak for its slide projector Carousel. It's epically awesome the way he uses the emotion of life events to perfectly position the projector for Kodak. Damn. If only Kodak had Don Draper now of when they really needed him; a few years ago when they foolishly brushed off the digital photography revolution as a fad.
Anyway, Don Draper has traveled ahead a few years and is, once again, working his magic, this time for Facebook which just introduced its Timeline feature. We have to say, the pitch worked for Facebook's product just as well as it did for Kodak's
- Working in advertising really is the easiest way to make money. That is if you're Chris Evans and you're on a photo shoot kissing Evan Rachel Wood.
- JD Sports is seeking a 16 people to be The Face of JD in the brand's upcoming Fall advertising campaign.
- This got lost in the shuffle. Be sure to check out this biker/movie theater stunt created by Duval Guillaume for Carlsberg.
- Check out Famocracy, an effort by two Wharton School students who think the American Dream is still alive and well.
- Blockbuster goes Netflix: separates video rental business from popcorn sales.
- Dachis Group has unveiled Social Business Index, an index of real-time ranking, analysis and benchmarking of social media adoption within business.
When Beyonce launched her fragrance, Heat, we had this to say, "Another celebrity. Another celebrity fondling their own hotness. Another celebrity fondling their own hotness and crooning for a brand. Another celebrity fondling their own hotness and crooning for a brand which thinks people actually believe people are gullible enough to think using such a product will make them as hot as said celebrity."
Well, she's at it again, this time for Pulse, yet another fragrance that's supposed to turn every woman into a busty, bootylicious babe so hot that in her presence the entire city of New York would explode in spontaneous, mutual orgasm.
This Norwegian DnB NOR bank ad is strange. Really, really strange. It's like one of those Las Vegas nightmares when you wake up and can't remember a thing about the night before. The only hint you have of what went down is the giant rock on your finger and a canoodling George Clooney who emerges from the bathroom. Oh, and then there's the picture of you with Clooney wearing the head of a horse. You don't see bank ads like this in America.
Many would classify this as NSFW so be warned. JWT London has created a PSA for the Male Cancer Awareness Campaign. The ad, which features The Sun Page Three girl Rhian Sugden, aims to urge men 18-35 to make sure they check themselves for testicular cancer on a regular basis. Be warned. It's a bit of a Crying Game reveal. That's all we're going to say about this one.
Before the decade is out, it seems every celebrity will have shed their clothes to appear in a PETA ad campaign. The latest addition to the naked celebrity parade is British actress and model Kelly Brook. In the ad, Brook is naked but she's painted to resemble a snake. The ad's headline is "Whose Skin Are You In?" Body copy reads, "Animals belong in the wild, not in your wardrobe."
Of her participation in the campaign, Brook said, "It makes my skin crawl to think about the violent ways snakes, lizards, alligators and other exotic creatures are raised and killed for boots, bags and belts."
The 32E Brook was last seen writhing in a perpetual state of hyper sexualized ecstasy as she awaited rescue as the last Axe Angel who hadn't yet fallen from the sky into the arms of her perfect lover.