Recently, Jennifer Aniston appeared in a new print campaign for SmartWater. In one ad, she lounges in white shorts in a chair, In another, she is seen getting out of a car in a black cocktail dress. Now, a third ad has been released and, much like every other celebrity who has something to pimp, Aniston appears nude. Of course, that would be quotation-mark nude as her hand covers her breast as she rests on one elbow and looks longingly into the camera.
We have to wonder. Is this just business as usual? Should we assume that at one point or another every celebrity is going to get "nude" and sell us something? Or is this an "I'm still hot!" cry from Aniston? Who knows what Aniston looks like when she rolls over in the morning but she sure still looks hot all dolled up in these ads. You decide.
Canon just launched a new campaign, Long Live Imagination, in collaboration with Ron Howard. On May 22nd, Ron Howard and Canon invited photographers to submit their "most imaginative" photographs based on movie themes for Project Imagin8ion, a user-generated photo contest aimed at inspiring a Hollywood short film. The Long Live Imagination site hopes to foster dialogue within the community and with Canon.
- Fish sing for depressing. Strange. Very strange.
- Two R/GA creatives, Fabian Berglund and Ida Gronblom. have just joined Wieden + Kennedy.
- A single click can help change the world. Some nice work that's part of the YouTube Cannes Young Lions Ad Contest. It comes from Schacar Aylon in Israel.
- Lymbix hopes to call attention to email misunderstandings and miscommunication with ToneCheck, a site that tests the tone of your email before you send it.
- If you were wondering why there were skeletons on the walk/don't walk sign in New York, here's an explanation for you.
PETA certainly won't like this campaign but there are people out there who love the circus and want to see it stick around for a while. One such circus lover is David Wojdyla, president of Chicago ad agency & Wojdyla. Wojdyla created a poster campaign for two non-profit circus venues, the AI. Ringling Theater and the Circus World Museum both in Baraboo Wisconsin, birthplace of Albert, Otto, Alfred, Charles and John Ringling and the circus they founded in 1884.
The poster features AIbert Ringling along with Water For Elephants stars Reese Witherspoon and Robert Pattison. The poster is s riff off another poster which features the five Ringling brothers.
The campaign touts the Baraboo premiere of Water For Elephants May 20 and aims to raise money for the two non-profit organizations that, together, celebrate circus history.
Perhaps during the last week or so while fast forwarding through commercials, you may have caught a peek at the odd combination of Rachel Bilson and a box of condoms. You think to yourself, "condom ads on TV...no big deal. After all, TV is rife with penile stiffening products, why not condoms too?"
Had you paused and rewound to watch the commercial, you would have seen Bilson who, stuck in a traffic jam, decides to hop out of her car, run over the tops of other cars to chase an 18 wheeler filled with condoms.
Oh wait. Had you actually paid attention while watching the commercial you would have realized it wasn't a commercial for condoms at all. Rather it was Unilever's U.S. introduction of the very questionably (for this country) named Magnum ice cream.
- Apparently, it's all about the D cups when it comes to Seafolly advertising campaigns.
- The Festival of Media, held in Montreaux for two days last week, has announced its Media Awards. The full list of winners can be seen here (PDF).
- Fiat Street Evo is a new app that recognizes traffic signs and transforms them into features of the new Punto Evo. The app recognizes traffic signs as if they were QR codes and it associates each sign with a feature directly related to that sign.
- Lenny Kravitz has signed a deal with Jeep to become its brand ambassador and will appear in a national advertising campaign and an upcoming short film.
- Here's some interesting non-profit work done for the Salvation Army.
Justine Ezarik, otherwise known as iJustine, has partnered with MASScanvas, an organization that brings together celebrities, designers and charities, to launch the Fluidity Challenge. And the challenge is simple: Create a T-shirt design, in any style, that best address the theme of fluidity.
Five winners will be awarded $1,000 in cash following a public vote and final selection by Justine. And, after a 30-day period of the 5 winning designs being available for sale in the MASScanvas online store, the top-selling T-shirt designer will win an additional $1,500.
Who is Justine and why should you care about her? For those who have been living under a rock, Justine is an American viral video comedienne, actress, life-caster, vlogger, freelance graphic/web designer and video editor and, of course, famous on YouTube. She is the most subscribed to female comedienne/personality on YouTube with almost 1.9 million subscribers and over a million twitter followers.
And if you haven't already noticed, she's hot. Really hot. In the same month she was named one of the Hollywood Reporters 50 most powerful digital players, she was also named one of Maxim Magazine's Hot 100. She has worked with brands from Mattell, Ford, GE, and Carls Jr. and been featured in The Chicago Tribune, Fast Company and many others as well as made numerous guest appearances on shows including Law and Order and Criminal Minds.
In a new video for DrinkingandDriving.org, MySpace queen and reality TV star Tila Tequila says, "My name may be Tila Tequila but that doesn't mean I drink and drive." The tiniy hottie goes on to say, "If you need a ride home, it's simple. Just call a cab or have one of your sober friends take you home.
Tila joins Violet Kowal, the Salahis, January Ryan, Michael Lohan and others for the cause group's efforst against drunk driving. On May 31, the organization will host a "Celebrity Charity Tabloid Roast" to raise money for the organization.
- Kate Winslet is the new face of fashion brand St. John.
- Mazda UK is organizing the Challenge & Inspire 2011 Competition and is calling out to all art lovers to share their most inspiring, innovative or creative ideas. By doing this they can win a number of great prizes including a car for a year and a trip to New York.
- Dead or Alive gets boobalicious Nintendo 3DS Ad.
- In a recent survey of 2,480 female bloggers, 90% of the respondents like partnering with brands, as long as they are compensated. Of the 42% of bloggers approached by brands, the most commonly accepted sponsorship types are online reviews, (26%), affiliate program promotions (15%), and direct advertising (13%).
- For you young creatives out there interested in going to Cannes, there are three Young Lions packages for you to check out priced from €560 to €1,025.
- Coke is celebrating its 125th birthday with the world's largest building projection.
Jennifer Aniston is lending her beauty once again to SmartWater for a new print campaign the brand just launched. One ad shows Aniston lounging in her undies. Another shows her stepping out of a car wearing a black dress.
Aniston's previous work includes a hilarious video in which she explains how a make something "go viral."