Jennifer Aniston is lending her beauty once again to SmartWater for a new print campaign the brand just launched. One ad shows Aniston lounging in her undies. Another shows her stepping out of a car wearing a black dress.
Aniston's previous work includes a hilarious video in which she explains how a make something "go viral."
Here's another one for the ladies. Indian actor Sonu Snood is appearing bare chested in a new print ad for PETA's Go Vegetarian campaign. The actor, himself, is a vegetarian, hs appeared in Indian films since 1999 and most recently appeared in Dabangg playing a role which garnered him an Apsara award for best actor in a negative role.
- Justin Bieber posed again for PETA while in Manila for a concert and said to his Beliebers, "It's really important that people adopt. I really encourage going out to an animal shelter or a place where you can get a dog who has been abandoned or doesn't have a home."
- Here's an interesting campaign that illustrates how lots of hard work - at Gold's Gym, of course - can help literally burn food.
- Hate writing cover letters? Lisa Taylor has made the daunting process surprisingly easy.
- Here's the last entry in GE's Sock Loss campaign. Really not as good as earlier iterations but still a bit funny.
- A little morbid but practical none-the-less. The Israel Trauma Center for Victims of Terror and War has launched Facebook Blood Groups, a collection of Facebook Groups designed to make easy for people to donate and find blood of a certain type.
- And just for fun a Belgian dating site ad in which women are available for order via a gumball machine.
- British Airways has launched it first ad campaign as sponsor of the 2012 London Olympics.
Seems Sofia Vergara has been quite busy in the ad world as of late. Having just completed commercial work for Pepsi in which she appears on a beach in a bikini with David Beckham, Vergara will, for a second time, appear in the Got Milk campaign.
Dressed in a conservative white dress, the Modern Family star sports the milk mustache.
In other Sophia Vergara ad news, there was a bit of a controversy over her appearance in a print ad for Pepsi which purposefully or otherwise concealed her "assets." More of a tempest in a teapot than anything else. And she's also appeared in a Bally Fitness commercial in which her "assets" are on full display.
Rupert Grint who plays Ron Weasley in the movie series Harry Potter was tapped to appear in England's version of the Got Milk campaign. Called Make Mine Milk, the campaign does the milk mustache thing and Rupert will be seen on posters and the sides of buses all over England, Scotland and Wales.
And like a PR rep fisted a press release down the poor guy's throat, Grint said, "I come from a big family and my mum always made sure we had lots of milk to drink as kids. It's low in fat, refreshing and good for you, and really tasty too. Nowadays I still have milk with cereal for breakfast and always try to pick up a milky cappuccino when I'm on set or on a photo shoot - it's important to get your daily dose of milk."
You can, of course, see Grint on the big screen in the final chapter of Harry Potter in theaters soon with words far more eloquently placed within.
- If you're into tongue, cricket and veal brain tacos, you need to hunt down the Dos Equis Feats of the Brave taco truck currently touring the streets of New York.
- A new trade association made up of media-auditing firms has formed to establish ethics and best practices for this niche of the advertising world.
- "Talk to the Bird" is a campaign for Gigaset, a German phone manufacturer, which shows the bird talking to callers from around the world. Why? We have no idea.
- DeVito/Verdi has created a caption contest for Duane Reade called New York's Least Pretentious Caption Contest. Each week New Yorkers will have the chance to enter and vote for their favorite captions. Then on June 1st, 2011, a final vote will determine the best caption among all finalists.
Seriously? Seriously? Who asks a chair to dance while at the beach? When do beach attendants open umbrellas in unison? When do complete strangers decide to join in and dance along? And when does it all suddenly turn into a scene from Inception, fast becoming the most tiresome and overused element in today's advertising?
When it's a silly commercial for Lipton Ice Tea...with Hugh Jackman who, by the way, actually, can dance. And because as we all know flash mob-like behavior is totally normal in advertising.
- Behind the Scenes of Angie Harmon's New "Got Milk?" Ad
- Don't blame your lazy neighbor for rising medical care costs. BCBS North Carolina wants to have a big 'ol social media-style conversation about the issue.
- Meet BMW's M Gladiators, part of a new campaign in China for the brand.
- Not to belittle but yet another domestic abuse concept which travels down the "afraid to tell" path. This one riffs on YouTube's "removed by user" screen.
- A humorous look at what the world of Out of Office email advertising could look like.
In a goofy, French subtitled French commercial for Schweppes, Uma Thurman, dressed in some kind of futuristic flapper garb, coos seductively from a couch to an interviewer who thinks she wants to have sex with him. Chock this up to yet another one of those Japander-style ads where Hollywood stars go over seas to make extra money.
Thurman is beginning to sound a lot like Kathleen Turner and that's not a good thing.
- As part of its 70th anniversary celebrations, Coach has tapped Gwyneth Paltrow as the face of its Fall 2011 and Spring 2012 international campaigns.
- The cheesiest lingerie ad you will ever see.
- R/GA thinks it's been ripped off by StarGroup. What do you think?
- Nautica is hyping its summer Nautica Concert Series with all manner of social media including a presence on Facebook.
- Mullen is out with new work for the Barnes & Noble Nook Color.
- Traveling dick urges us to have safe sex.
- Ogilvy has some fun with the Royal Wedding.