There's been some significant chat about the appearance of Diddy in the Merdedes Benz Super Bowl commercial but we don't see what the big deal is all about. So a bunch of old Mercedes Benz's "wake up" and make their way to a hanger where this year's new models are ready to strut their stuff. So what.
Yea, it's mildly humorous to see Diddy wake up to notice his own Mercedes has come to life and sped away with all the others and again at the end when, in his bathrobe, he's looking around for his car in a sea of early model vehicles. But something's missing. The spot just feels mundane and plain. There's really nothing at all special about it.
The only reason this commercial will get even the tiniest bit of notoriety at all is because Diddy is in it. Apart from that, it's just run of the mill banality.
Yesterday, Kelly Brooke was in Los Angeles shooting a new ad campaign for her New Look line of swimwear. There's really nothing else to report on this other than a few comments Brooke made about her boobs. Not relevant at all to advertising but amusing nonetheless.
She was quoted as saying, "Well, they're mine so that's nice. They're not fake, but they hang a bit. They're not super-perky because they're so big. That's always a big disappointment, I think. Like when you take your top off and they go flop."
Wow. She even made a comment about her boobs rhyme. Impressive.
Brooke was previously seen in a billboard campaign for Reebok's EasyTone sneakers. Yea, the kicks that supposedly make your ass look amazing just by wearing the shoes.
- Here's Shannon Doherty like you've never seen her before. She does a beautiful job in this episode of Suite 7, a sponsored episodic series from the Better Sleep Council and produced by CJP Digital Media. Other episodes star Draig Bierko, Brian Austin Green, Illeana Douglas, Milo Ventimiglia and others.
- Big River has created a campaign for the National 4-H Council which includes print, radio, TV and a video which features 4-H kids talking about their experiences with 4-H. Dubbed Generation G, these kids are giving their time to improve their communities.
- George W. Bush's daughter, Barbara Bush, has filmed a PSA supporting gay marriage in New York. Tsk. Tsk. Daddy wouldn't approve.
The Hills and Dancing With the Stars babe Ardrina Patridge has re-signed with Bongo to be the brand's spokeswoman for a second year. Patridge, who also appeared in a gold bikini for Carl's Jr., will, again, don a bikini.
Shot by fashion photographer Tony Duran, Patridge will grace us with her beauty in a campaign which will appear in fashion and lifestyle magazines such as Cosmopolitan, Vogue, Seventeen, Teen; on outdoor boards; online and on in-store displays ay Sears and Kmart. Some serious high fashion there, people.
Patridge follows a long line of Hollywood celebrities fronting for the brand including Vanessa Minnello, Nicole Richie, the Laguna Beach cast, Kim Kardasian, Rachel Bilson and Kristin Cavallari.
Julianne Moore, who signed a deal last fall with Talbots to be the retailer's spokesperson, has just made her debut in the brand's Spring 2011 ad campaign. Shot by Mert Alas and Marcus Piggot in New York, the campaign will appear in fashion magazines, store locations and in Talbots' catalog.
Of the campaign and Moore's participation in it, Talbots Chief Creative Officer Michael Smaldone said, "We have this lush, traditional setting, and Julianne is in the middle of it. She's strong, confident, and very modern. And it's very ethereal and sensual."
Here's another image from the campaign.
- Harry Potter cutey, Emma Watson, is fronting the new Spring/Summer campaign for People Tree, an "eco-chic" fashion line.
- To combat the "creative crisis" in U.S. schools brought on by standardized curricula and testing, No Right Brain Left Behind is turning to the creative community and asking it to develop educational programs that foster creativity.
- Taco Bell is launching a campaign to refute claims made in a class action suit which states the brand falsely advertises its meat as "seasoned ground beef" or "seasoned beef" when it's claimed it actually uses mostly filler and less beef than is required by the U.S. Department of Agriculture's standard.
- TAXI and the Tomorrow Awards have announced they will host the first Tomorrow Awards event in Montreal on March 31st.
In a very unlikely pairing, Justin Bieber, 16, and Ozzy Osbourne, 62, along with his wife, Sharon, will appear in a Best Buy commercial, the first for the brand, during the Super Bowl. No details were provided regarding the content of the spot other than it would "showcase creativity and humor."
Of the pairing, Best Buy Senior VP of U.S. Marketing Drew Panayiotu said, "We're delighted to have Justin and Ozzy help us tell the Best Buy story. We know people have high expectations for these ads and Justin and Ozzy add a whole new dimension of fun."
A whole new dimension of fun, indeed. And a whole new dimension of WTF?
GoDady has released one of the two commercials it will air during the Super Bowl. The one that won't be released in advance is the one that will reveal the new GoDaddyGirl. The released commercial features Jillian Michaels and Danica Patrick and is called The Contract.
The ad calls attention to GoDaddy's history of history of foisting racy commercials upon Super Bowl viewers. In the ad, Jillian and Danica refuse to shoot a commercial which Danica refers to as "over the top" and Jillian dubs a "crazy stunt."
So what's action hero Chuck Norris been up to lately? Well, it appears he's napping a lot but still kicking butt. And getting paid for it as well. Saatchi & Saatchi Prague, along with Starlite Productions, is out with a new commercial for T-mobile to promote the brand's netbook promotion.
The ad revisits the Chuckmania phenomenon which has swept the Czech Republic and Central Europe.
High School Musical star and one-time nude internet celebrity, Vanessa Hudgens is the new face of Candies, a brand which simply can't get enough of pop culture's hot, young things. Following in the footsteps of Hayden Panettiere, Fergie, Hilary Duff, Kelly Clarkson, Ashlee Simpson, Jenny McCarthy, Britney Spears and the Dixie Chicks, Hudgens will make her debut when the campaign breaks in March.
Included in the buy are Seventeen, Teen Vogue, and Cosmopolitan. For the campaign, Hudgens, 22, was shot by fashion photographer Tony Duran at the Pink Motel in Sun Valley, California. A video posted on the brand's Facebook page offers a behind the scenes look at the shoot.