PETA continues it's long-standing mission of capturing every Hollywood star, fashion model and porn star nude for...oh wait...this isn't PETA...this is Marc Jacobs. And he's got Marisa Miller with her clothes off in a new ad campaign for his skin cancer awareness campaign, Protect the Skin You're In.
Along with Heidi Klum, Naomi Campbell, Helena Christensen and Victoria Beckham who have appeared in the campaign in the past, Miller is promoting the sale of t-shirts (emblazoned with her D cup glory) with proceeds going to support the NYU Cancer Institute.
Of the ad, Miller writes on her blog, "I thought wearing my Chucks was better than heels, right? The skate deck I'm holding is a really cool vintage deck from Santa Cruz Skateboards. It was made over to promote the charity - but maybe one day I can post the original with the SC skate logos :)"
- Beyonce says, It's not a lipstick, it's my Colour Riche N 315." And it's rich and creamy.
- FremantleMedia has launched re:discover - The Soul of Your Favorite Cities, a new web series created for Buick and distributed by MSN.
- Mad Men's January Jones gets naked in new Versace Spring/Summer 2011 ad campiagn.
- Givinchey cast an albino model to front their latest ad campaign. Why is this news?
- Kiss guitarist Paul Stanley is featured in a new campaign for NOH8, an organization that opposes the passage of Proposition 8.
- Follow Lexus around the country as they make stops in majot cities to film episodes os Darkcasting, a series that's part late night talk show, part test drive.
- Your face + random family = holiday card hilarity! It's an iPhone app created by DIvision of Labor.
This round of last week's top stories brings us one of the funniest commercials we've seen in a long time; Kevin Bacon playing Kevin Bacon's biggest fan for Logitech. He nails it perfectly. In other popular stories this week, AT&T very humorously attempts to tell us it has the best 3G service, Ian McKellen is seduced by Marion Cotillard, Dirdle-dressed hotties dance to promote Bavarian tourist destination, members of the Lingerie Football League support PETA and Dr. Ashley proves only the Old Spice guy can be the Man You Wish Your Man Smelled Like.
1. Kevin Bacon is Kevin Bacon's Biggest Fan
2. Worst Bra Commercial Ever!
3. Marion Cotillard Helps Crippled Ian McKellen Walk
4. AT&T Has the Fastest Mobile Broadband. Um....Hahahahahaha!
5. You're an Asshat for Calling 'Dibs' on That Parking Space
6. Hip Hop Hotties Hype Bavarian-Themed Tourist Destination
7. Lingerie Football League Hotties Save Rabbits, Elephants
8. HBO Programming Crowdsourced
9. Sometimes All You Need is a Logo
10. Dr. Ashley is Not the Man You Wish You Could Smell Like
- Natalie Portman is the new face for Dior Chérie fragrance and will appear in a series of print ads shot by Tim Walker and a TV campaign by Sofia Coppola in March 2011.
- In 2011 80% of US businesses with 100+ employees will use social media marketing, up 42% from 2008.
- Daffy's does AssCrackVertising.
- A New Zealand ad campaign has raised the ire of people after suggesting low-carb beer is only for homosexuals.
- In most places bras are sold by having models wear them while prancing around as if they want to have sex with you. In Taiwan, they just hang them on a Christmas tree.
In what some would consider to be cinematic excellence, director John Cameron Mitchell orchestrates an eight minute film for Christian Dior's Lady Dior during which Marion Cotillard offers inspiration to a crippled Ian McKellen and an artistically stifled painter, Russell Tovey. It's quite touching actually.
The film, called Lady Grey London, has Cotillard performing in front of a spellbound audience and driving men mad with desire. She invites one of her onlookers, a wheelchair-bound Ian McKellen to her dressing room where she works magic on his legs. She then visits the painter and imbues him with intense creativity. Both McKellen and the painter reap the benefits of Cotillard's touch.
If you haven't seen it, you simply must. It's one of the best commercials we've seen in a long time. Although, because it is so funny, we had to watch it a couple times before we knew which brand was behind it. In the commercial (for Logitech), Kevin Bacon plays his biggest fan. And he nails it. Perfectly. As in fall over laughing perfect.
Created by Goodby Silverstein & Partners, the commercial has Bacon obsessing over himself amidst a room full of Kevin Bacon paraphernalia anf, of course, a collection of Bacon's best works on the Logitech box. And let's not forget Bacon's hairstyles throughout the decades.
Absolutely brilliant work. But the :30 is way better than the :60
- Absolut is out with an iPad version of its Drinkspiration app.
- To help raise money for the United Way, Colle+McVoy has launched Happy Exchange where everyone is invited to join the effort by posting their smile for just $1.
- Calling McDonald's a "hip hangout" is never a good thing. Especially in a forced product placement.
- Former buy.at executives have launched Performance Horizon Group which is out with new products aimed at improving campaign management for agencies and lead generation for publishers.
- Gossip Girl's Blake Lively has been tapped (not literally, of course...because that would be gross) by Karl Lagerfeld to front his Winter/Spring 2011 Chanel ad campaign.
According to this ad from Alicia Keys' Keep A Child Alive charity, Kurvaceous Kim Kardashian has passed away. Many will mourn the loss of the delicious diva who, it seems, gave up her digital life to help raise money for those in Africa with HIV/AIDS.
Sad as the plight of children in Africa may be, there's an upside to this campaign. There will be no tweets or Facebook updates from Kim until her life is bought back with money donated to BuyLife.org.
Kardashian is joined in this campaign by Jay Sean, Katie Holmes, Ryan Seacrest, Serena Williams, Usher, Willow Smith, Jaden Smith, Lady GaGa and Swizz Beatz.
If you haven't already figured it out, Kardashian is obviously not dead. But, lest we subject ourselves to the wrath of literalist celebu-trolls, we thought we'd clarify: Kim Kardashian is not dead. This is just an ad campaign.
OK, this is hilarious, Poking fun at very over done ad concept you've ever seen, Rokk Vodka brings us back to reality. Delivered in seductive Euro accent, a beautiful woman intones, "Luxury, Status. Desire. And...a Viking." Oh, and, of course, a vodka. From that point on, it gets silly. Oh and there's Andy Samberg and Akiva Schaffer too.
We love it. Booze is just booze.
If you've been wronged by Don Draper, what better way to get back at the man than to front a major fashion designer's ad campaign. Aside from the fact that scenario mixes fiction with fact, January Jones, otherwise know as Don Draper's ex wife on AMC's Mad Men has signed a deal with Versace to appear in the designer's Spring 2011 campaign.
Following Halle Berry, Madonna, Milla Jovovich and several other Hollywood celebrities, Jones is said to have been shot by fashion photographer Mario Testino for the campaign. The deal is rumored to have come together after a meeting between Jones and Donatella Versace following a magazine shoot for Elle.