While the ads are not all that great...after all, they're for a grocery store...we can tell you from personal experience that Rochester, New York-based Wegman's is every bit as awesome as Alec Baldwin's mother says it is. If you recall, Baldwin appeared on Letterman and told Dave after Baldwin and one of his brothers suggested their mother relocate from Syracuse to California, Baldwin's mother's response was, "And leave Wegman's?"
- So stupid. It seems Katy Perry's reps felt her boobs looked too big in a recent VH1 promotion for the network's Divas Salute the Troops and asked that they be digitally reduced. Um, why? What, exactly, is wrong with big breasts? Hers aren't even that big anyway. She's a 34D.
- ABC is now selling sponsorship of "scenes from next week" which run during the current week's episode.
- You've seen them before but we love these UbyKotex ads which poke fun at stereotypical feminine protection ads.
She is posing in jeans but it's a far cry from her appearance in the famed Calvin Klein ads from the early eighties in which she boldly (and some would say seductively) announces nothing comes between her and her Calvins. While we can't say whether or not, thirty years later, Shields is wearing Calvin Kleins in a new La-Z-Boy campaign, we can say she still looks stunning.
Breaking over the next few weeks, along with print in women's magazines, five :30's will air on TBS, Bravo, Lifetime, CNN, ESPN, HGTV and others.
Beyonce's commercial, which launched earlier this year, for her fragrance Heat has been banned (during the day) by the UK's Advertising Standards Authority for being "too sexually provocative" and because her dress is continuously "slipping away" during the ad.The ad must air in nighttime dayparts only.
The standards body has a point. Beyonce, with her dress unbuttoned to her waist, her breasts almost fully exposed, her body seductively gyrating, her voice crooning desirously...is basically saying, "I'm hot and you know you want to fuck me."
Not exactly the type of message that's appropriate for everyone.
- Yawn. Yet another flashmob. Lots of hotties though. Oh wait, the hotties are like 12 years old. And that jingle at the end? JFC! That was terrible!
- After two years, Dolce & Gabbana has replaced Madonna with four supermodels for their upcoming ad campaigns.
- Today's Chicago Tribune named Energy BBDO one of Chicago's Top Workplaces.
- Matt and Kim love TuneUp.
Before she was a Gossip Girl. Before she had raccoon eyes. Before she hooked up with Madonna. Before she was Cindy Lou Who in How the Grinch Stole Christmas. Before she played Gretal in Hansel & Gretal. Before she fronted The Pretty Reckless. Before she went bad girl. Before the slutty clothes. Before pissing of parents who wish she'd just be a nice role model for kids. And before blaming her parents for the whole mess...
There once was a sweet, innocent little three-year-old named Taylor Momsen who sat in front of a camera and ate Shake'n Bake chicken. My how she's changed.
Continuing its Drinks campaign for Absolut, TBWZ\Chiat\Day New York is out with a bus shelter installation campaign crafted by photographers Ellen Von Unwerth and Amanda De Cadenet which features Kate Beckinsale, Zooey Deschanel & Ali Larter. The campaign touts Absolut's Lemon Drop, Twist and Bloody drinks.
If you have to wait for the bus, you might as well have a nice looking place to sit. The campaign offers that to commuters in Chicago. See the other two ads here and here.
If you've never heard of Photoshop Disasters its a blog dedicated to hunting down and shaming poorly Photoshopped photography in ad campaigns. In creating a recent Got Milk ad which features actor and singer Victoria Justice it seems the creative behind this campaign couldn't decided which version of Justice's boot laces to use.
In the ad, Justice stands in front of a three-sided mirror. In the three views, one can clearly see three different styles of boot laces. But, hey, people are bound to make mistakes when what you see in ads aren't really what was standing in front of the camera during the photoshoot. Thankfully, there's enough errors in this business to support an entire website.
So last week's most read stories here on Adrants offered up women with huge boobs in tiny bikinis holding guns, lingerie as a form of discipline, Verizon trying to get hip with Apple, yet another Old Spice spoof, Miranda Kerr tantalizing us with a seductive invitation into her bedroom, a time traveling phone, Japanese tourism boosted with branded bra and miniskirt and Facebook's apparent ineffectiveness business website traffic generation.
1. Girls With Boobs...Uh...Guns Pose For Charity
2. Lingerie Brand Teaches Men A Lesson
3. Verizon Teams With iPad to Hype Upcoming Apple Relationship
4. The Sun Spoofs Old Spice to Pimp Page 3 Girls
5. Miranda Kerr Wants You to Get Into Bed With Her
6. Lingerie Shot, Asses Tightened, Underwood Glamed
7. Charlie Chaplin Time Traveler Device Perfect For Branded Apps
8. Triumph Bra and Miniskirt Welcome Visitors to Japan
9. Without Proper Eyesight, Grave Errors Will be Made
10. Study Trashes Effectiveness of Facebook, Twitter
In a new Revlon campaign shot by Mario Testino, Jessica Biel mimics the brand's original 1952 Fire & Ice campaign which featured Dorian Leigh. The new campaign reintroduces the Fire & Ice line.
Since anyone can remember, Revlon has focused on Hollywood celebrities for its ad campaigns. Most recently, the brand has worked with Halle Berry, Jessica Alba, Elle McPherson, Susan Sarandon, Julianne Moore, Eva Mendes, Jaime King and Jennifer Connelly.