- How Google Instant can destroy your brand's reputation. And the steps you can take to avoid this from happening.
- Royal Caribbean has teamed up with Starbucks and DreamWorks with a brand partnership for its newest ship, Allure of the Seas.
- Sarah Jessica Parker has hooked up with Barnes 7 Noble to hype the retailer's NookColor eReader in a series of commercials which broke this week.
- eMarketer reports holiday ecommerce will hit $38.5 billion this year, up 14.3 percent from 2009.
- Seven things you didn't know display ads could do.
Just in time to take the heat off her...um...Heat, Beyonce is coming out with a new campaign shot by British photographer Matt Jones for fashion retailer C&A, a brand with which Beyonce has worked with before.
The campaign, which breaks November 23, will include a commercial directed by Adria Petty in which music from her I am...Sasha Fierce album will be featured.
Amidst the onslaught of bikinis, celebrities and breasts, it's nice to see a few other subject areas rise to the top of the pile on Adrants this past week. Tops among the non boob-related stories last week was the news that the stunningly beautiful Embrace Life seat belt safety PSA won YouTube's Ad of the Year Award. And on the flip side of that stellar work, we were treated to some of the most horrifically forced product placement ever to grace television. Enjoy reliving the week:
1. Polish Politician Pimps Political Prowess in Bikini
2. Taylor Momsen Didn't Always Wear Black Eye Shadow and Slutty Clothes
3.Law School Shocked Over Racy Diesel Ad Shoot
4. Victoria Justice Joins Photoshop Disasters For Got Milk Campaign
5. Hypocrisy + Idiocy = Candies Safe Sex PSA
6. Facebook Hates Breast Feeding
7. 'Days of Our Lives' Riddled With Horrific Product Placement
8. Beckinsale, Deschanel, Larter Drop, Twist and Bleed For Absolut
9. Infographic Compares Mad Men Era to Today
10. Embrace Life PSA Wins YouTube Ad of the Year
While the ads are not all that great...after all, they're for a grocery store...we can tell you from personal experience that Rochester, New York-based Wegman's is every bit as awesome as Alec Baldwin's mother says it is. If you recall, Baldwin appeared on Letterman and told Dave after Baldwin and one of his brothers suggested their mother relocate from Syracuse to California, Baldwin's mother's response was, "And leave Wegman's?"
- So stupid. It seems Katy Perry's reps felt her boobs looked too big in a recent VH1 promotion for the network's Divas Salute the Troops and asked that they be digitally reduced. Um, why? What, exactly, is wrong with big breasts? Hers aren't even that big anyway. She's a 34D.
- ABC is now selling sponsorship of "scenes from next week" which run during the current week's episode.
- You've seen them before but we love these UbyKotex ads which poke fun at stereotypical feminine protection ads.
She is posing in jeans but it's a far cry from her appearance in the famed Calvin Klein ads from the early eighties in which she boldly (and some would say seductively) announces nothing comes between her and her Calvins. While we can't say whether or not, thirty years later, Shields is wearing Calvin Kleins in a new La-Z-Boy campaign, we can say she still looks stunning.
Breaking over the next few weeks, along with print in women's magazines, five :30's will air on TBS, Bravo, Lifetime, CNN, ESPN, HGTV and others.
Beyonce's commercial, which launched earlier this year, for her fragrance Heat has been banned (during the day) by the UK's Advertising Standards Authority for being "too sexually provocative" and because her dress is continuously "slipping away" during the ad.The ad must air in nighttime dayparts only.
The standards body has a point. Beyonce, with her dress unbuttoned to her waist, her breasts almost fully exposed, her body seductively gyrating, her voice crooning desirously...is basically saying, "I'm hot and you know you want to fuck me."
Not exactly the type of message that's appropriate for everyone.
- Yawn. Yet another flashmob. Lots of hotties though. Oh wait, the hotties are like 12 years old. And that jingle at the end? JFC! That was terrible!
- After two years, Dolce & Gabbana has replaced Madonna with four supermodels for their upcoming ad campaigns.
- Today's Chicago Tribune named Energy BBDO one of Chicago's Top Workplaces.
- Matt and Kim love TuneUp.
Before she was a Gossip Girl. Before she had raccoon eyes. Before she hooked up with Madonna. Before she was Cindy Lou Who in How the Grinch Stole Christmas. Before she played Gretal in Hansel & Gretal. Before she fronted The Pretty Reckless. Before she went bad girl. Before the slutty clothes. Before pissing of parents who wish she'd just be a nice role model for kids. And before blaming her parents for the whole mess...
There once was a sweet, innocent little three-year-old named Taylor Momsen who sat in front of a camera and ate Shake'n Bake chicken. My how she's changed.
Continuing its Drinks campaign for Absolut, TBWZ\Chiat\Day New York is out with a bus shelter installation campaign crafted by photographers Ellen Von Unwerth and Amanda De Cadenet which features Kate Beckinsale, Zooey Deschanel & Ali Larter. The campaign touts Absolut's Lemon Drop, Twist and Bloody drinks.
If you have to wait for the bus, you might as well have a nice looking place to sit. The campaign offers that to commuters in Chicago. See the other two ads here and here.