- Scarlett Johannson gets all sexy for Mango's Winter 2011 ad campaign.
- Three months prior to the broadcast, Fox has sold out all of its Super Bowl commercial inventory. It's the earliest sellout in recent memory.
- Caroline Winberg is looking very hot in the new Blanco Lingerie Fall 2010 ad campaign.
- Yawn. T-Mobile does flash mob. Oh, but there's a difference!
- Tia Maria has unveiled a new global advertising campaign called "Get Behind the Mask", which breaks November 1.
- Dutch fashion brand Suit Supply gets racy with their Winter campaign titled "Shameless."
- Michael Kors debuts Fall Winter fashion campaign.
- Adam Ben Ezra has done an all-bass version of AMC's Mad Men opening credits song.
Ever since busty Candice Michelle's tank top almost fell off in front of a "broadcast censorship committee" in a Super Bowl commercial several years ago, domain name registrar Go Daddy has milked it for all it's worth. With Go Daddy Girl after Go Daddy Girl, the brand has strictly adhered to the salaciousness sells approach to advertising.
From Vanessa Rousso to Ella Koon to Erin Kalin to Danica Patrick, to newcomer Jillian Michaels, Go Daddy isn't shy about serving up sex despite it being derided year after year for its crass approach to advertising.
Go Daddy CEO calls his approach to advertising GoDaddy-esque which he labels as "edgy, fun and slightly inappropriate."
In this year's Super Bowl broadcast, the company's 7th consecutive year, Go Daddy will air three commercials; two during the game and one in pre-game. Each of the commercials, produced in-house by Go Daddy productions, will feature both Danica Patrick and newcomer Jillian Michaels from Biggest Loser.
If the UK's Mail Online is calling the new Christina Aguilera fragrance commercial "soft-porn," they really ought to get out and surf the internet a bit more. Describing Aguilera in the ad as "showcasing her ample cleavage in a very low cut dress and writhing in a chair in ecstasy as she sprays the perfume across her chest," Mail Online thinks, "the singer's ad may be a bit too risque for her younger fans."
While Aguilera does reveal her ample assets in a low cut dress, her movement and demeanor are hardly anything close to soft porn. If so, porn has gone soft in its old age. She's hardly pushing the boundaries of decency as mail Online claims.
A slimmed down Kelly Osbourne, daughter of rocker Ozzy Osbourne, appears nearly nude in a new Goldfinger-inspired ad campaign for Sky+HD. Osbourne, 26, was painted a gold metallic color just as Shirley Eaton was for the 1964 James Bond film Goldfinger.
Of her appearance in the campaign, Osbourne, who lost weight during her stint on Dancing With the Stars, said, "Since my weight loss I'm a lot more body confident in front of the camera. It's not just celebration for Sky+HD, but for me too."
- Sports briefs company Bjorn Borg hired two women wearing only shorts and pasties and had them interupt a men's field hockey game by throwing packages of the briefs all over the field.
- Not all politicians are dirty.
- Naomi Capbell splays herself all over vehicle and gas pump for Dennis Basso's Autumn/Winter ad campaign.
- Lawyer helps home owners fight increased property taxes. Hmm. One wonders if the legal fee would just equate to the adjustment negating the whole effort in the first place.
Working with Miami Heat's Dwyane Wade, Wieden + Kennedy has created a campaign called Dominate Another Day for Jordan Brand. Yea, it's totally a take on James Bond and features Wade battling various bad guys including the Green Gang and Snake Charmer while he attempts to transport the rings back to Miami.
Along with the TV commercial are outdoor boards and online. A site called Jumpman23.com will highlight the back story of those in the saga.
Miss Fit, a small, UK-based company specializing in clothing, lingerie and swimwear for women lucky (or unlucky depending upon viewpoint) enough to possess DD cup or larger breasts, has signed a deal with the very curvaceous X Factor star Maria lawson.
Lawson is a perfect fit for Miss Fit. More than twice the size of a DD, Lawson straps herself into a 36JJ bra when she gets dressed in the morning.
Of her size, Lawson says, "I have grown to like my body. When I was younger I was very self-conscious and didn't like my boobs at all. I wished I could be like all the small dainty girls who could wear cute little tops! My mum always told me to be grateful for what I've got and now I am."
Lawson will model the brand as part of an upcoming PR push.
- Anja Rubik in the new Fendi Fall/Winter ad campaign.
- The American Catfish industry has launched a new ad campaign to curtail the import of cheaper, Chinese catfish.
- Cutwater is out with a collection of videos for Ubisoft's Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood.
- The Boot Girls ask Americans to put on a pair of boots to raise awareness of the work of those in the military. Even Rick Dees is wearing boots.
- People who come up with a new Bruins Hockey Rule can win the chance to have their rule shown during a Bruins Game on Garden HDX and get a ride on the Zamboni.
- We really like Lacta Chocolates previous work, especially the long-form video, but this new commercial we're not liking so much. Most likely because it is a commercial and not a more involved, long form video.
- Microsoft has redesigned its MSN Games channel and has added new advertising opportunities to reach casual gamers.
- Halloween webcam fun from Alfred Ritter GmbH & Co KG for RITTER SPORT Chocolate. Scary monster Halloween cards.
- If you haven't already heard, JLo has enlisted the help of her twin children to appear in a Gucci campaign aimed at raising money for UNICEF's schools in Africa.
- Mr. T has signed a deal with Gold Promise, a gold-buying service which aims to get people a better deal.
- Boston agency Winsper received four Hatch Awards for work it did for its client, STIHL, a hand-held power tool brand.