Just how many Kardashian sisters are there? Well, it depends on which last name you want to go with because there's Jenners and there's Kardashians. But that's not what we're talking about. No. We're just letting you know 12-year-old Kylie Jenner will appear in an upcoming series of Sears commercials to promote the retailer's Crush Your Style - The Search for America's Top Style Crush contest. See Kylie explain it here.
And then if you want to switch gears a bit, check out her 14-year-old sister, Kendall, who, following her much older sisters, exposes plenty of cleavage in a photo shoot she did with photographer Nick Saglimbeni.
Does this sort of thing perpetuate the trend of kids growing up too quickly? Debate.
- Here's some more Calvin Klein Envy ads featuring Zoe Saldana. And if these additional images aren't enough for you, there's video coming in mid-August with Saldana talking about CK's envy-inducing underwear.
- The Girl Scouts are out with a new PSA featuring plus size models.These girls are plus size?
- Launched earlier in July, LG's The Young and the Connected online soap opera is worth a look.
- "Opulence. I has it." Right up there with Verizon Dumb Dads and blacks who love chicken comes this new commercial from Grey New York and Biscuit Filmworks' director Tim Godsall for DirecTV that portrays a Russian doofus as if he were an Italian goomba. Oh wait, is that too many layers of stereotyping?
- Guys, why do all the work looking for a date when you can just sit back and let the women come to you?
- If you own a company, you can direct your own commercials. And that's just what Justin Timberlake did for his 901 Silver Tequila. The ad is dumb.
- Naomi Watts will front Ann Taylor's Autumn 2010 advertising campaign.
- Steffan Postaer, author of The Happy Soul Industry, is out with a new book. It's called Sweet by Design. He calls it a novel/social media experiment.
The fact Hollywood is even humoring Sylvester Stallone by making his The Expendables is shocking in and of itself. Of course, as these things go, it could be the biggest blockbuster of all time.
But the fact the film warranted the creation of Rambo: The Musical by the creators of Conan the Barbarian: The Musical is pretty impressive. Who knows how stupid or how brilliant the movie will be but this rendition of Rambo is a good one.
You have to hand it to Stallone though. Who thought a dude like him could create an Oscar winning film about a block-headed boxer. Or pull in 70 million 30 years later with the final chapter of his Rocky saga. To see what he can do with every big name action hero of the last thirty years, all together in one film, including Governor Schwarzenegger, will be intriguing to say the least.
Everyone has sex in the middle of a hardtop playground, right? Especially if you're not in school any more, you're a hard-bodied model and it's a Calvin Klein commercial. And if a guy named Fabien Baron directed you and Lara Stone was the object of desire, it's all perfectly plausible. Oh, and let's not forget the thousands of dollars you'll receive in exchange for a few scrapes and bruises suffered during the shoot.
Yea. It's a new commercial for Calvin Klein Jeans. And yea, there's nudity (brief). But it's art. So it's all good, right?
- Oh and while Taylor Momsen is pimping Madonn'a new Material Girl line of clothing, the Material Girl herself is pimping Dolce and Gabbana.
- YouTube and the Art Directors Club have launched Show & Tell to showcase the best marketing examples on YouTube.
- Droid X is here. Courtesy of mcgarrybowen.
- The new Playboy safe-for-work site, The Smoking Jacket, launched today.
- Arby's has launched Juniorize which allows visitors to morph themselves and friends into a 3-D animated Arby's Junior character.
- Check out Join the Colony, a new promotion for the second season of the Discovery Channel's The Colony, the story about a group of seven non-actor volunteers participating in an immersive social experiment, exploring what life might be like after a global viral catastrophe.
- Smokey the Bear is back.
If you've ever watched Gossip Girl - come on, admit it, you know you have - you'd have witnessed the transformation of Jenny Humphrey (Little J) from innocent cutie to head bitch in charge of Constance Billard. In the real world, Jenny is Taylor Momsen and she's 16 so there's only so much drooling you're allowed to do before you fall into a certain category of sleaze ball.
That said, she looks good fronting Macy's new line of eighties-themed clothing, Material Girl, from the material girl herself, Madonna, and her daughter Lourdes. The line will hit stores August 3.
Previously, Momsen, well known for her provocative style of dress and her "badass" attitude has been the face of British retailer New Look. Here's a promotional video for the Material Girl line after the jump:
- PETA sets Oh Canada to baby seal slaughter.
- Old Spice remixed. Funny. Except for the way to long self-promo at the end from the video's creator.
- Jennifer Aniston gets naked to sell her new line of perfume.
- Why was the world's most famous plus-sized model photoshopped to look skinny?
- Tommy Hilfiger's Fall 2010 campaign does the Royal Tenenbaums.
- Threadless is out with a new t-shirt which puts a twist on "I'm Lovin' It" along with a graphic of Ronald barfing up his lunch.
- Apparently babies who sleep on mattresses in Milwaukee can die. Who knew?
- Yawn. Another flash mob. Oh wait, not yawn! This one's got bikinis.
- Cascadian Farms says it's the first-ever branded crop in Farmville. Starting July 19th through July 26th, Cascadian Farm will offer users the chance to purchase organic blueberries for their farms and will provide a variety of other benefits, including coupon offers and organic and green living tips that players can use offline.
- Fashion brand Band Of Outsiders the new Spider-Man, Andrew Garfield in its new ad campaign.
The Hills alum, Audrina Patridge, following her stint pimping the Carl's Jr. Teriyaki burger while spilling out of a gold bikini, is now the new face of Bongo Jeans. Following Vanessa Minnello, Nicole Richie, the Laguna Beach cast, Kim Kardasian, Rachel Bilson and Kristin Cavallari, Patrige will lend her bootyliciousness the the brand's Fall print campaign.
Of the campaign, which was shot by Tony Duran, Patrige said, "Generations of women, including my mom and sisters, have loved this iconic brand. And it's exciting to be a part of something that is so classically cool, American."