This is beyond awesome! A new short film asks if you don't agree with gay lifestyle, why would you then support prop8 and spare them from a life of wedded misery?
This interesting piece of reverse logic, Devin & Glenn, stars Justin Long and Mike White as a gay couple. Directed by Furlined team Will Speck and Josh Gordon, the 3:30 video also features Tom Arnold and Nora Dunn.
Barely making an appearance in this new Univision commercial that touts the network's exclusive Spanish-language coverage of the 2010 FIFA World Cup, Shakira sings "Waka Waka (Esto es Africa/This Time for Africa)," the official World Cup song and Univision's official theme for all of its coverage of this world-class event.
All the "cultural richness" and "exciting soccer moments" make their way into this :30. Additional campiagn elements will include print, outdoor, in-theater, radio, online and mobile. Hopefully we'll see more of Shakira in those media.
The ad might have been a bit more effective had it featured Shakira's best asset as illustrated in the accompanying image.
You see? We can get back to normal after a celebrity sex scandal. How? By placing said celebrity in a set of new ads that take remove the spotlight. Remember that golfer who cheated on his wife with more women than the average man has slept with in his entire life? Yea, we didn't think so. Anyway, he goes by the name of Tiger and he's in a new commercial and a set of five video for the June 8 launch of EA team golf game, Tiger Woods PGA Tour 11.
The work comes to us from San Francisco's Heat. The :30 and :60 will be followed by four videos that mash up golf with curling, hockey, basketball, soccer, and one which mixes up those four with football.
Media includes the NBA finals on ABC and such online sports sites as ESPN.com, SI.com, FoxSports.com, SportingNews.com, and Sports.Yahoo.com.
- Want to ogle a Victoria's Secret hottie? You can do it here or wait until next summer for Transformers 3 to come out. Yes. Megan Fox is out and Rosie Huntington-Whiteley is in.
- Like games? Like fast cars? Like insurance? The you might like this new game from Koko for insurance company Adrian Flux. Don't ask. We didn't.
- This has nothing to do with advertising but it does have sexy amazonian women in it.
- Still on his mission to keep Lebron James in Cleveland, Brandon George went out and got himself slapped by 23 girls. Some hot. Some not. Some big. Some not. First girl is out favorite for various reasons. But it doesn't matter. You gotta love the guy's spirit.
It's like Britney Spears decided to do a video inside a bird cage. Oh wait. That's not Britney Spears. It's TMZ's naughty girl dujour Miley Cyrus performing her new song, Can't be Tamed, inside, yea, a bird cage.
Yup. Like every starlet before her, Miley is now proclaiming, "I'm not a kid. I'm a hot pop star and I'm gonna be bad!" Billy Ray, she's fleeing the coop.
Wait, why are we even talking about a Miley Cyrus video? What does this have to do with advertising? Nothing except for the fact production company Mothership and visual effects company Digital Domain helped create the video.
Wait. That still has nothing to do with advertising.
Continuing her work for the Candie's pro-abstinence Pause Before You Play campaign, Bristol Palin offers commentary after we see a young mother get all hotted up to go out only to be confronted by her talking baby who says, "You're not going anywhere. You've got diapers to change, bottles to fill and I've got a nasty rash on my butt."
And you never believed them when they said having a baby will change your life forever.
Over at I Mean...What?!? Abe Gurko makes an insightful observation into the hypocrisy which, seemingly, runs wild in today's society. Gurko argues, "You cannot walk around trashing Miley Cyrus for doing a lap dance with an old queen like Adam Shankman and consider the new Miss USA marketing campaign a good idea."
Of the campaign, Gurko writes, "all 51 contestants have traded in their pageant hair and cornball, prom gowns for that skanky, Gross Baboon of the Year look that all of Tiger Woods' skanks share."
Furthering his point, Gurko adds, "You cannot watch Jersey Shore and think it is hilarious, anxiously waiting Season Two, then judge Miley Cyrus for being too young to be sexy."
Oh course, Miley was 16 at the time of her lap dance and the cast of Jersey Shore are well over the age of 18 but the point is a valid one in a broader sense. We love to use and see sexualized imagery in advertising and the broader media but God forbid if it's one's son or daughter being sexualized.
If you are squeamish or faint of heart, you may want to reconsider viewing this nine minute video, Born Free, from M.I.A. (Mathangi "Maya" Arulpragasam). If you can get past the extreme violence in this video and grasp the metaphor presented, then, by all means, give it a watch.
The artist has put forth a thoughtful examination of the discriminatory violence that occurs around the world. For the metaphor, M.I.A. uses redheads or "gingers" as they are referred to in Britain, to illustrate her point. Gingers, those with pale skin, freckles and red hair, are considered by some to be inferior. The group is used as an example of persecuted groups around the world.
- GM's new tagline: Excellence for all. Seriously? Seriously?
- Celebrities speak out against poor fishing practices which harm dolphins.
- JetBlue has selected Mullen as its new ad agency.
- The effie's, along with Heineken, are honoring student creativity with the Collegiate PSA Challenge.
- It's Finnish but its about blogger/TBWA designer Riku Vassinen an his new digital marketing book. It's a cover version of Mobb Deep Shook Ones Prt.2. We heard "Foursquare" though.
- Idiotic ad of the day.
- Former Adrants Editor Angela Natividad, who will be back to cover Cannes for us this year, is covering Social Media and Community 2.0 in Boston this week. Her first post is entitled OMG! We Need to Do Social Media!
- The Art Directors Club has launched YouTube Show & Tell, a "showcase for the best ad/marketing content on YouTube." The ADC will pick the content and a rotating panel of reviewers made up of top creatives and designers will lend commentary.
- Each agency participating in Portfolio Night 8 has created a video to hype the event in their city. Here are the first three from Ogilvy & Mather London, David & Goliath LA and Perfect Fools in Stockholm.
- If 500 people tweet "@SupercoolAgency #LoseTheCig" the agency will change their logo. On everything. Letterhead, web site, business card, etc. why wouldn't they just do it anyway?
- Here's the third and final Tony Stark Better Living Through Technology videos for the Tony Stark Expo, a promotion for Iron man 2.