Want to watch a "rare portrait" of a "global hip-hop icon?" We didn't think so. But TBWA and Absolut would really appreciate it. So much so they've hooked up with Jay-Z to create a 13 minute short film that's supposed to give us a glimpse inside the man's childhood, his passion and his love for New York. Yawn.
Anyway, the documentary covers the "days and moments" (yes, the DAYS and MOMENTS) prior to his September 11 benefit concert at madison Square garden last year. If you are so inclined, check it all out on the Facebook page.
- Warren Buffet does Axl Rose in Geico annual meeting video.
- Chocolate pudding brand unleashes it's inner David Lynch.
- It's O'Dell vs. Hall on SXSW Suckage.
- YouTube and Viacom: like two nursery school kids fighting in the sandbox.
- More Vulva hotness.
- Purina Bark in the Park work angers Copyranter. And not because the work's not good.
- Near naked hot dudes cursing in their underwear. No, seriously. It's a new Calvin Klein campaign.
- Let's do the SXSW High Five!
Somehow a reality TV star who recently had ten plastic surgeries in one day including the addition of ginormous breasts is qualified to appear in a Ron Howard-directed PSA for credit card reform. It's stupid. It's funny. It's dumb. But it's impossible not to watch. If only to see whether or not those ginormous breasts will fall out of that tiny dress.
So why, today, is everyone writing about a Pamela Anderson commercial that debuted last year? because, surprise, surprise, it's fallen into the":banned ad" category. And because of that we all get to write about it again. And who doesn't love to write about busty milk-soaked hotties in a boardroom who disrobe down to their unmentionables and douse themselves in milk?
Wait. What were we talking about? Oh yea. The ad, for Crazydomains.com.au, has been banned by Australia's Advertising Standards Authority after receiving hundreds of complaints.
This one gets a SERIOUSLY? Whoopi Goldberg? As the Mona Lisa? A Mona Lisa who pees her pants becasue she has LBL? Oh, that's light bladder leakage for those keeping track of "issues" invented by drug companies to sell more pills.
TMZ reports this video featuring a naked Chuck Liddell and his girlfriend Heidi Northcutt working out is a viral effort for Reebok. It seems plausible given the only thing they're wearing are sneakers. The video should probably be categorized NSFW even though all the naughty bits have been digitally covered. View video after the jump.
Remember back in 2005 when Paris Hilton donned a black bikini and slid her hotness over a Bentley for Carl's Jr.? It was pretty hot. There was a lot of skin and a lot of suggestiveness. It got talked about. It got Carl's Jr. some notoriety. But there wasn't much backlash.
Shift five years to a Brazilian Devassa Bem Loura beer campaign . In the campaign's commercial, Hilton does her sexy, sultry thing for the benefit of a voyeuristic photographer...and everyone else outside her window. She knows she's being photographed. She knows everyone is looking at her. No harm done, right?
Wrong. No less than three investigations into the campaign have been launched. It's too "sensual." It encourages excessive consumption. It's sexist and disrespectful to women.
All of this from Brazil. Where booty is supposed to reign supreme. What gives?
- PETA has latched on the to the Tier Woods saga with a billboard telling us too much sex can be a bad thing.
- Why do we still care about anything Donny Deutsch has to say?
- Want to hire some interns? Olson has an interesting way of doing it.
- If you're crossing the Canadian border, make sure you wear the right clothes.
- Like staring at women in lingerie? Then you'll love the latest from Wonderbra.
- ISO 9000 accreditation increased a Rochester New York's creative output. Who knew a decidely manufacturing-centric accreditation could do such a thing?
- DIxie Bones is going social. It's new "social" site launches March 1. Before March 1, that URL displays an old website and the new may be viewed, temporarily, here. The Republik created.
- Golfer John Daly says, "Slix boxer briefs are the most ridiculously comfortable underwear I've ever put on"
- Juggalo gets parodied.
- Wanna hear what people sound like in these here parts? Give a listen to Matt Van Hoven's This Week in Advertising.
- There's nothing like going Dutch to McDonald's By the way, where's the cause group to protect the Dutch from appearing to be cheap?
- Apparently, this commercial is supposed to sell sneakers. it just puts us to sleep.
- Danny Bloom tries to save the old fashioned "snailpaper."
- Is the Bud Light Observatory commercial a riff/copy of an IBM video from a couple of years ago? You decide.
Ladies, if you possess the pulchritude necessary to form a significant amount of cleavage, you may not be welcome in Colorado Springs. Well, at least your cleavage isn't. So, cover up, wear an old lady bra or get a breast reduction.
That would appear to be the message Lamar Outdoor has sent the community when it banned a transit poster that showed cleavage. But get this. It was puppet cleavage. Not even human cleavage.
OK so the fact the cleavage belonged to the Muppet-like character Lucy the Slut, star of the Broadway show Avenue Q, might have something to do with the decision but seriously? What's next? No more Smokey the Bear ads because he's not wearing a shirt?